NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water Ski Boots Needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2016 at 5:22pm
We had a portable that we used for course lay out initially.
One of our members borrowed our portable, we all owned it jointly, he took it to a new spot for a vacation and claimed it was stolen while he was on vacation.
He never returned to our group.   We never saw our portable again.
At the time we had our permanent course set up and did not get too excited about losing our portable and it was a year or so later when our permanent course was ripped out.
I spent days under water with scuba tanks getting our first set up dialed in perfect.
It was really fun but no plans to do it again.   
But I do need to fix my boots or upgrade my ski, I will work on that.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2016 at 6:31pm
For what it's worth, I tore the back of my Radar shell the last time I was at the lake and when I called them to see if I could buy just the shell, they sent me one of their demo vapor shells free of charge! This isn't the first time they've taken care of me like that.

And that week we also spent quite a bit of time working on an accusink course on a public lake. I did get a free danforth anchor from the culprit that must have freed their prop by taking bolt cutters to the course air line and cable!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 12:46pm
Regarding boots– as far as straight up rubber boots IMO the D3 Leverage is the ultimate. I ran Animals for years, and did a couple seasons in a Wiley as well but D3 has this basic boot design completely perfected with the Leverage. Look no further.

As far as everything else out there I"d probably go hardshell if I wasn't on the Leverage. All the hybrid, non-releasing, yadda yadda stuff out there doesn't really interest me.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 2:28pm
Without a doubt the D3 Leverage is the best lace up rubber binding. HO Animals & Venoms are nice, and any Wiley is going to most resemble the old Kidder/EP wrap. Wiley makes a low wrap, mid wrap (CBO), and traditional high wrap. If you truly want to slip right in when wet you'll need to order up a size in Wileys. All the rubber these days is a good bit stiffer than the old stuff. But seriously, embrace the lace up technology. Ease of entry with the old style feel points directly towards the Leverage.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 3:10pm
I have looked at the Wiley selection I will take a look a the Leverage.   And you guys have me now reading up on the new skis. Although I think it might be a little late for me to need new technology.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 3:19pm
Did I forget to mention the kidder bindings I offered for shipping costs have neon plates:

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 3:54pm
If Mr. McD passes I would be interested in those for sure, depending on size
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

I have looked at the Wiley selection I will take a look a the Leverage.   And you guys have me now reading up on the new skis. Although I think it might be a little late for me to need new technology.

I don't know. I've gone out to some tournaments. Guys in their 70s going deep into the
30 offs. The skis have a lot to do with it.

Even while free skiing, a lot of the modern skis greatly reduce drag, and therefore fatigue.

Should be some ski shops in Sac that will will let you demo. Try it, you'll be a believer.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

If Mr. McD passes I would be interested in those for sure, depending on size

Will match his speedo.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 6:21pm
Not sure if large or x-tra large, but fit a 10-11 pretty good.

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 6:59pm
How did you know about my speedo?

My foot is a 10. Thanks for the binding offer. Sorry I did not respond faster.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 7:02pm
I meant Quinner's speedo, but if the banana hammock fits . . . .

BKH
Livin' the Dream

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by rebel skier rebel skier wrote:

Did I forget to mention the kidder bindings I offered for shipping costs have neon plates:

This post hurt my eyes .......
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 7:28pm
The didn't look bad at all on the actual ski. I was a kidder from the coors light pro tour back in the day.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 10:53pm
+2 for the Wiley's water ski bindings. I have the High Wrap front and rear boot on 3 different skis. Love 'em.

LINK

I had an old Mastercraft waterski from the early '90s vintage. When that finally broke, I bought an H.O. CDX and promptly skied my personal best. Now I'm skiing on the H.O. Syndicate. Modern technology is MUCH better. Just my 2¢

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2016 at 3:43pm
I grew up skiing on the Kidder Redlines and loved them. Many years go by...

Last summer I purchased a new Radar Senate. It is amazing. Quick, smooth, great for free skiing or the course. Radar just came out with a new Senate, so you might be able to pick up a lightly used one for cheap (not mine, but somebody out there always needs the new stuff).

I put new Wiley high wraps on my Senate, and I like them but they are HEAVY. New water skis are really lightweight, and the new lace-style boots are light weight too. I'm trying to lose some weight and as a motivation if I get to my goal weight I'm going to reward myself with some Radar lightweight boots for my feather-light Senate.

Try some new water skis out and let us know what you think. Do check out the Senate. It is 0.2" wider than Radar's super-high-end ski, and made to ski well at slower (34 and down) speeds.

Kevin
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2016 at 5:27pm
Hey Kevin get a Vector boot (or two). I'm on 2013 Radar Senate C with A Vector front and Radar HRTP back. Was on Vectors but went to the rear toe plate a couple months ago. At 70 I'm now running 15 off consistently with this setup. You can find used Vectors on ski it again or any online retailer.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2016 at 12:45pm
That is a good idea! I should look for some used options to save the coin. The Radar boot lineup is a bit confusing... thanks for the advice on the Vectors.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic