Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1982 Nautique Leak

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Terry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1982 Nautique Leak
    Posted: August-22-2016 at 11:54am
My 1982 Nautique is in great condition and the engine is running so good. My issue is with a water leak when the boat is runnig. I've checked all hose and found no leaks. Could it be water getting in throughout the drive shaft when boat is running?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2016 at 12:17pm
Yes
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2016 at 12:25pm
Your drive shaft packing should leak a few drops per second. You may need to tighten the packing or even replace the packing. You can buy it at www.skidim.com . This is Discount Inboard Marine in South Carolina. Just be careful not to get it too tight and then you will burn up the packing. Your rubber has the same setup so water could be coming in from the rudder packing. However, you do tighten it down, unlike the drive shaft packaging. Keeping in mind you need to be able to freely turn the rudder.

I hope this helps.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2016 at 12:27pm
Does the 82 have an inspection plate above the drive shaft packing? If not pull the floor board up and engine cover off leave them on dock and run it with a buddy..

Might also be the raw water intake/pump leaking. Tighten ALL the hose clamps (including ones on packing) and go from there,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic