Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1953 Correct Craft bridge erection boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
hogshed2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogshed2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1953 Correct Craft bridge erection boat
    Posted: August-20-2016 at 1:42am
I bought a old bridge erection boat this week and was curious if anyone on this forum knows about them. This one is 19' long and 8' wide the engine has been replaced with a 250 chevy but nothing is plumbed or wired. It has 2 keel coolers and a wet exhaust. Wondering how to hook it all up.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2016 at 8:21am
Mike,
We'd sure love to see some pictures! There have been some Bridge Erectors come up on site. One was over in Europe undergoing a restoration. I'll see if I can search it out and post a link. Then I remember a couple others coming up in the "for sale" section. Other than that not much about them.

I'd say the keel coolers would have been used for the actual engine block cooling and would use the engines circulation pump providing a closed cooling system. The keel coolers substitute for a radiator. You still need an expansion tank the same as used on a " fresh water" (closed cooling) system. The exhaust manifolds would use a auxiliary RWP (raw water pump) using sea water for their cooling. Fresh water systems are available as kits and some sources provide on line plumbing schematics. That would give you a good idea of what's needed.

Electrics would be very basic and from the era would use an amp meter and not a volt meter. Here's a wiring diagram:

The Bridge Erectors were set up with reduction trans's turning big wheels. What has been done with the 250 repower?

Welcome to CCfan and don't forget the pictures!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2016 at 9:38am
Mike,
I used the sites search and came up with these results using "bridge erector" as key words. FYI, there are times when using a google search and not the sites own search you get better results.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2016 at 9:46am
Here's some typical fresh water cooling schematics. Keep in mind you won't have the tube in shell heat exchanger since you would use the keel coolers. The RWP would be plumbed directly to the exhaust manifolds. BTW, I suggest you run a pressure check on the keel coolers!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
hogshed2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogshed2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2016 at 3:54pm
Thanks for posting this information. I'll post a few pictures if I can figure out how.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic