NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thinking on selling 1972 national pro mo

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2016 at 10:09pm
I like so agree with BK.   It's "California"
and what ticks me is the shortened version of "distributor".   I'm not even going to type it.
"__zz_"
Keep it....from sinkin'
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2016 at 10:17pm
towing that promo to the Midwest with a Wrangler doesn't sound like much of a fun trip to me....   Driving a vehicle that tracks like a drunk squirrel with the aerodynamics of an outhouse, and all that fun with 3K pounds of boat and trailer pushing you around....   yikes.    I think I'd stick to the having someone with a truck pull it for you.    
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2016 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

and what ticks me is the shortened version of "distributor".   I'm not even going to type it.
"__zz_"

And I thought I was the only one who hated that "__zz_" word,

Now I know there are at least 2 of us.
planejob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planejob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2016 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

"__zz_"

And I thought I was the only one who hated that "__zz_" word,

Now I know there are at least 2 of us.

So.... "gas" or fuel? which do you buy for your boat?    I did see some 9.9hp Lehr outboards that ran on gas.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2016 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Dreaming Dreaming wrote:

towing that promo to the Midwest with a Wrangler doesn't sound like much of a fun trip to me....   Driving a vehicle that tracks like a drunk squirrel with the aerodynamics of an outhouse, and all that fun with 3K pounds of boat and trailer pushing you around....   yikes.    I think I'd stick to the having someone with a truck pull it for you.    

You may be right. I don't know. But the boat and trailer are pretty light. As they say, did not notice it behind my truck.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2016 at 11:44pm
Jeepers, you guys are particular. I'll take Cali to what some say around here:
Cali forn E Ah.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2016 at 11:46pm
Ummm, the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is actually the largest vehicle Jeep makes with a 4" longer wheel base then a Grand Cherokee, and at 4400 lbs is also the heaviest Jeep. This is only 100lbs lighter then some of the Toyota Tacoma's and the Jeeps 116" wheel base is just 10" shorter.

I agree it has the wind profile of a bread truck, but it probably drives a lot better then my current Jeep Liberty, which is only 106" wheelbase, I use that to pull my 98 sport which is a lot bigger/heavier then a 72 promo... Gotta remember the unlimited is the 4 door wrangler, its a big vehicle...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2016 at 12:21am
this thread got way thread jacked a while ago so I don't feel bad about making it worse....BKH; way back in time didn't you have a 2001 in that garage that you were re-doing? Whatever happened to that?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2016 at 12:49am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

this thread got way thread jacked a while ago so I don't feel bad about making it worse....BKH; way back in time didn't you have a 2001 in that garage that you were re-doing? Whatever happened to that?

john

Beside the house John. Who knows if or when it will ever be finished.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2016 at 1:59am
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

john

BKH

Brian, your in good company... lol
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2016 at 1:45am

john

BKH

jeez...that was a couple years ago...as I remember it. Maybe a nice retirement project.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2016 at 2:33am
This thread is serving big deal boziel's transport better than the one he made.

Can we get a ruling on "carby"?

skutsch, I thought you were thinking of this until you mentioned long and heavy. Still a "Jeep Wrangler Unlimited" is it not?

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2016 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

You have to make the first ruling yourself then people will jump in with their's.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2016 at 11:34am

skutsch, I thought you were thinking of this until you mentioned long and heavy. Still a "Jeep Wrangler Unlimited" is it not?

Pretty tough to argue a picture and with Wikipedia... I think there was some confusion at Jeep on what they were naming what... From about 2007 on, the 4 door Jeep Wranglers with 4 doors all got the "Wrangler Unlimited" tag, and I believe the 2 door versions were labeled "Wrangler X". However, I have seen some "Wrangler Unlimited X" with 4 doors. And then of course, Jeep has gone nuts with all the different packages, Generally, "Sport," "Sahara," and "Rubicon" are the standard, but I have seen "Black Ops," "Islander," "Willys,""Monster," cripes they even have some named for video games (can't remember which one...)

So yes, I am looking for a 4 door version and since, I will be the one living closest to this new found promo and probably end up doing most of the work for Boziel, I figure I can threadjack his thread all day long HA!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2016 at 2:04pm
The Aussies say carby a lot. (Is Aussie ok?? )
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2016 at 2:10pm
Almost 10 years John. I bought that boat when my daughter was 3 months old. She will turn 10 in November.

Haven't done any serious work on the project in 4 or 5 years.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2016 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Pretty tough to argue a picture and with Wikipedia... I think there was some confusion at Jeep on what they were naming what... From about 2007 on, the 4 door Jeep Wranglers with 4 doors all got the "Wrangler Unlimited" tag, and I believe the 2 door versions were labeled "Wrangler X". However, I have seen some "Wrangler Unlimited X" with 4 doors. And then of course, Jeep has gone nuts with all the different packages, Generally, "Sport," "Sahara," and "Rubicon" are the standard, but I have seen "Black Ops," "Islander," "Willys,""Monster," cripes they even have some named for video games (can't remember which one...)

So yes, I am looking for a 4 door version and since, I will be the one living closest to this new found promo and probably end up doing most of the work for Boziel, I figure I can threadjack his thread all day long HA!

You want a hard top, correct?

BKH
Livin' the Dream

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2016 at 2:19pm

[QUOTE=Hollywood] This thread is serving big deal boziel's transport better than the one he made.

You want a hard top, correct?

BKH

Yep, only way to survive the WI winters
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2016 at 2:42pm

The Aussies say carby a lot. (Is Aussie ok?? )

That's at least as bad as dizzy but if you're a real genuine Aussie then it's OK to say dizzy and carby

That's how I see it, then again I'm just not normal anyways
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2016 at 5:59pm
Well the U-ship progress has slowed. I was making some nice progress when bids were starting at $2800. Within a few days, they came down to $850 and then som dudes started getting into a semantic debate over west coast fuel prices. Then they wanted me to show my cards and "name my bottom line". I didn't think that was a good idea because it defeats the purpose for bidding in the first place. Since then, bidding has stalled and I only get the occasional $2000k+ offer.

I'm thinking about restarting with a clean slate. If that doesn't work, it might be time for a road trip.

Unless Steve finds a Jeep
1999 Ski Nautique 196
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2016 at 12:18am
Hey buddy, was talking to one of my friends who does transportation for a living and recommended http://www.centraldispatch.com. I asked him to do it but he only does local state deliveries. Hope it works out for you.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2016 at 1:18am

Almost 10 years John. I bought that boat when my daughter was 3 months old. She will turn 10 in November.

Haven't done any serious work on the project in 4 or 5 years.

BKH

When I see the pictures you post of her...I wonder where has the time gone? Patti & I have been in Florida since 2004 and the time has just flown by....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2016 at 10:33am
Chris - we had a similar experience with uShip. As Tim said before the biggest key is to be patient....I believe we allowed a 4-5 week window for delivery. We started at $1,800-$2,000 and ended up just over $500 Scottsdale to Des Moines. IMHO - $850 isn't too bad considering it's coming from southern CA. Keep waiting and you might get below $850.

Several haulers ask for our bottom dollar and other random questions. I chose to ignore all those questions and let them bid with the information I gave in the description. Seemed to work well as most quality outfits don't need the basic information and are too busy working to chat on the inter webs.

Good luck! Hopefully it works out!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2016 at 11:11am
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Chris - we had a similar experience with uShip. As Tim said before the biggest key is to be patient....I believe we allowed a 4-5 week window for delivery. We started at $1,800-$2,000 and ended up just over $500 Scottsdale to Des Moines. IMHO - $850 isn't too bad considering it's coming from southern CA. Keep waiting and you might get below $850.

Several haulers ask for our bottom dollar and other random questions. I chose to ignore all those questions and let them bid with the information I gave in the description. Seemed to work well as most quality outfits don't need the basic information and are too busy working to chat on the inter webs.

Good luck! Hopefully it works out!

The boat is actually in Northern California Chris. 100-150 miles further to Milwaukee than from Southern California.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2016 at 11:35am
My bad. For some reason I always think you're closer to San Diego.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2016 at 2:14pm

So yes, I am looking for a 4 door version

Makes a lot more sense, I was thinking you were talking about the 2 door version also.   in my few experiences with the 2 door version (lifted, big tires, etc.)   They were fantastic for trails, but they were a pain to keep pointed in the right direction on the highway.   Since BKH is in Northern California, Something in Oregon might make sense as well.   They don't have sales tax, so it might save you some pennies at a dealer if that is the route you are planning to take.   Not likely going to save anything with a private party since you won't be doing the title transfer in California.

I'm excited to see progress on this machine, super cool that you have been able to make it work so far.   
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2016 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Dreaming Dreaming wrote:

Something in Oregon might make sense as well.   They don't have sales tax, so it might save you some pennies at a dealer   

Yes, but they will nail you for sales tax when it's registered in Wisconsin.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2016 at 8:29pm
I think you missed my point Pete,    I realize that sales tax is a burden that must be bourn when he registers in Wisconsin...   If a dealer is involved, I was thinking that they likely can't register the new Jeep in Wisconsin for him, but might have a sales tax fee for California, or a dealer paperwork fee, or however they choose to stick it to you.     Oregon is maybe different since there isn't a state sales tax involved.     My point in the end is that Northern California isn't the only place to get a clean rust free Jeep.   If the price is better in Oregon, its not far to drive to CA.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2016 at 8:40pm
You guys are all on the right track, again I reiterate, I'm king cheap a$$! My wifes cousin who owns a Ford dealership will purchase it wholesale, I will be the "delivery agent" who will deliver it back to his dealership. At that point, I will trade my current Jeep liberty, thereby minimizing my tax burden. This of course is all predicated on me finding something that half the dealers in north America haven't decided they also want...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2016 at 1:22pm
Will not help Chris with his transport, but their are tons of those Jeep Unlimiteds in the Austin, TX area.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic