NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No spark on Silver Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 10:26am
Originally posted by andrewmarani andrewmarani wrote:

I had the clip down distributor. I replaced the module with a new Ignitor 2 and the boat fired right up. Ran rough for a minute then settled down and purred. So a new module and coil fixed the problem. I used the module 91581 listed above. The rotor is slightly different on the new coil than the old, but the new one fit right in so it may just be a slight fabrication change

Hi Andrew

Good to hear

You mention the rotor being slightly different.

Does it press snugly in the magnet ring or is it kinda loose and sloppy. The reason I ask is because that kit (the 9-1581 comes with a rotor that fits snugly and most replacement type rotors for that distributor are a loose sloppy fit if you try to use them in the magnet ring.and your timing will fluctuate due to the sloppiness. They look the same but are slightly skinnier than the Pertronix rotor.

Was it a complete kit or just a module you got for it?

Just trying to save you some possible aggravation.

KenO

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 10:18pm

This picture shows 2 rotors for the prestolite clip down cap distributor.

The top one you can get just about anywhere, it's a real sloppy fit in the Pertronix magnet ring and will wreak havoc on your timing. It's width in the center section is 0.9 inches.

The Pertronix rotor that comes in the 9-1581 kit is on the bottom. At a glance, it looks the same but it's 0.95 inches wide and a good snug fit in the magnet ring.

SkiDim mentions that you need the pertronix rotor if replacing the rotor in their EI kit but doesn't say why.............this is why.

Pertronix rotor part number is 1581R
andrewmarani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewmarani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2016 at 11:03pm
I bought the pertronix kit. I did check the fit of the rotor when I first put it on because the new rotor looked different than the old one. I remember the new fit snug, but I will double check the fit.
Thanks for making sure.
Builder
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic