Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OIl LEAK

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Joby1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joby1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OIl LEAK
    Posted: July-24-2016 at 3:16pm
just went out and figured out my ignition issue. Remove gas line from pump and blew are thru filler neck and made sure i was getting good fuel and not any condensation settling in bottom of tank. Went to start boat, and before it started I noticed oil under the pan heading down towards the bilge. I was so frustrated i didnt smell it to see what it was. Im thinking rear main. Anybody have any similar issues?   
my 1980 SN is mad at my 2009 HD
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2016 at 4:11pm
What color is it?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Joby1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joby1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2016 at 7:55pm
straight oil color.It wasn't mixed with water or nothing crazy..I also think carb bowl is hanging up because its spraying and splashing fuel up when working the throttle to start it. letting these old boats sit is the worst thing ever..I'm really bummed about the boat after I re wired it and had valve issues and a years worth of part hunting to put it back together and now itll be a major deal to pull every thing for rear main. If i remember right they used to make a 2 piece to replace those with. Anybody know if they still do and are they worth a dam
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2016 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Joby1969 Joby1969 wrote:

really bummed about the boat

It has to be taken as a hobby. Equal time maintaining to using. At least you can fix it yourself. If you had an I/O you would be paying big $ to get it fixed,
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Joby1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joby1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2016 at 11:05pm
Ill get it done eventually. I did get the harley back running last night though.Im a chevy guy but i guess here soon ill be a ford 351 guy as well.,Iff im pulling the engine Ill probably rebuild it too.along with V drive.I can just hear the woman now........................................................
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic