Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Open Bow Martinique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
g13davis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g13davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Open Bow Martinique
    Posted: June-28-2016 at 3:49am

First Post, so up front I Apologize if I should post this somewhere else.
I have a Open Bow Martinique I bought to salvage the Reverse Rotation 351 Motor for my 1980 SN. I will be parting out the rest of the Martinique because it has been run aground, and gashed the Hull like the Titanic or S.S. Minnow. I would like to know the best way to identify the Year Model of the Martinique. That way I can post it here in the Parts section, and not create alot of confusion, for Myself and those who may be interested in some of the parts. Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

PS : Great Informative WebSite, and As this is My First SN, I'm Sure I will be posting many More Questions, pertaining to my engine swap and other things as I try to bring my old SN back to life.       Thanks Again in Advance
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2016 at 7:06am
Greg,
Look at the upper port side of the transom for the HIN # and post it back to us. Also,take a look through the brochures in the reference section and see if you can spot the year of the Martinique. Pictures are also good as well.

Speaking of pictures, we'd sure like to see some of the SN you're working on.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
g13davis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g13davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2016 at 7:34am
Peter,
Man, Thanks for the Quick Response I believe I saw the # you are referencing on my SN, but I hadn"t noticed it on the Martinique. I will look again I'm sure I just overlooked it. From the reference section brochures you mentioned the Martinique looks to be an 87 or 88. I would like to post some Pics of my SN project because i do have some questions regarding the Graphics and other things. I believe I saw an earlier post where someone explained the best way to get your pictures posted, I'll try to go back and find it. Thanks Again !
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2016 at 7:51am
Greg,
For the picture posting, use the "post reply" and not the quick that's at the bottom of each thread. Click on the icon of the tree with the up arrow and a browse box will come up. Clicking browse box will then allow you to post anything on your computer. We'll be waiting!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
g13davis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g13davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2016 at 9:41pm
Found the HIN# CTC01137C686. My guess would be a 1986
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2016 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Greg,
Look at the upper port side of the transom for the HIN # and post it back to us. Also,take a look through the brochures in the reference section and see if you can spot the year of the Martinique. Pictures are also good as well.

Speaking of pictures, we'd sure like to see some of the SN you're working on.

Pete

Do you know left from right and port from starboard?

I think not if you have him looking at the port side of the transom for the HIN#.

What kind of sailor are you anyways?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2016 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Pete

Do you know left from right and port from starboard?

I think not if you have him looking at the port side of the transom for the HIN#.

What kind of sailor are you anyways?

Ken,
WOW!! Thanks for the correction. Yup, I sure wasn't thinking when I posted the location wrong.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
g13davis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g13davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 1:11am
I posted what I believe to be the HIN#. Found it on the Drivers Side Rear of the Transom. Does anyone have any insight ?   CTC01137C686
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 6:52am
Greg,
Here's the Martinique out of the reference section:

Yes, the HIN is on the upper starboard corner of the transom.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
g13davis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g13davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 7:43am
Pete,
I saw that in the brochure section for 87 and 88"s. That is the boat, different color, and mine doesn't have the rail around the rear transom. Thought maybe that might have been an option. The last 2 #'s in the HIN # were 86, I assumed that probably referred to the model year, just wanted to make sure. I think I will post it in the parts section as a 1986 and see if anyone needs any parts off of it before it goes away.   Thanks Again for All of the Help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic