Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

steam out of exhaust

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
69 barracuda h/m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 barracuda h/m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2016 at 4:55pm
I believe I am going to wait for a month or so for the boat show to come to birmingham so that i can feel the different types of flooring, but in the mean time i am still redoing the floors and some other small repairs like the gas tank has a pin hole and i have noticed my exhaust tube was loose on the exhaust tip, so i have inspected it and noticed that it was a little short, maybe a inch compared to the other side and rather than putting the floor down and having a large problem, I figured that i would replace the tube. does anyone have any suggestions on where to get that and what type of foam to use around it?

-Alex
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2016 at 10:44am
Alex,
I assume when you say "exhaust tube", you are referring to the exhaust hose. Do some shopping around for "marine exhaust hose". Prices vary sometimes weekly!! Also, factor in shipping.

Regarding the steam in the title, the dew point is a factor. With cool days and cool water, it's common to get the steam even with normal engine temperatures.

The 2lb foam can be purchased at US Composites online.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 barracuda h/m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2016 at 5:31pm
Thank you, i did find the exhaust hose at a local marina for about $20 per ft. doesnt sound unreasonable to me. When i got the boat there was no foam around the exhaust hose so i was not sure if is supposed to be level with the runner, completely covering the hose or not, and if so does heat not affect the foam?

also the guy at the marina suggested the great stuff in a can instead of the pour in polyurethane, i am not sue if he has no clue what he is talking about or not but i am curious if that is an option or not.

Thank you for all of the information on everything, it is very much appreciated.
-Alex
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2016 at 7:42pm
Alex,
Foam around the exhaust hose isn't needed. In many cases the factory would just wrap scrap carpet around hose tubing and or mufflers to keep them from vibrating and rubbing holes in them. The Great stuff isn't really a bad idea but just enough to stop movement. You do not need to fill the complete cavity.

While you're in there, have you inspected the stringers? How are they/

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 barracuda h/m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2017 at 1:53pm
i cleaned out my hull this weekend and i noticed some minor cracking in the inside hull, is there anything i can do to repair that or just seal it up again?
-Alex
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2017 at 2:36pm
Post some pictures so we can get a better idea of what you are seeing.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 barracuda h/m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2017 at 2:40pm
">
-Alex
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2017 at 2:48pm
The bilge is gelcoat which is just cosmetic (i.e., not worrisome on their own). Are there corresponding cracks on the outside of the hull that would lead you to believe the cracks extend through the glass?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 barracuda h/m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2017 at 1:39pm
yea no cracks on outside.
-Alex

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 barracuda h/m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2017 at 6:03pm
Do you know of any type of flooring that looks like wood that i could lay down instead of carpet? I have been looking but have not seen anything that comes in a large roll, or basically have not seen anything i could install. I am considering the rubber mat flooring also but i dont know if they sell a large rolls of that either, all i have seen is small sheets or precut sections, and as far as i know that wont work for what i am doing. any input will be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks
-Alex
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2017 at 6:07pm
Looks like wood?

I don't know what the original floor coverings looked like on the Cuda's, but several have been redone with Nautolex vinyl floor covering. It comes in several colors, Shark is a white/gray/black speckle that matches what was used in the early 70's on most boats in CC's lineup.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2017 at 7:05pm
Alex,
The Cudas back then had a heavy duty commercial vinyl wall covering on the floor. Although not original, the Nautolex Tim mentions does look good. The heavy duty wall covering is still made but finding the pattern that's close to the original is hard. It typically was a basket weave.

Why do you what vinyl that looks like wood? I work at HD and cringe every time I walk through the flooring section and spot the fake wood flooring. It doesn't even look like wood.!! Trying to make something look like something it isn't ?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2017 at 2:10am
Hey Alex. I just saw your thread tonight. I have a roll of the Nautolex Tim was speaking of. I live in Clanton. Would you like a sample of it?
Scott
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2017 at 7:01pm
Alex,
I haven't done a search for the wall covering in years so I was curious on what would turn up today. This time I used "commercial vinyl wallcovering" for a search and found this. It's very close to what was used. Colors and patterns varied slightly.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic