NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

where to get full set of decals?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: where to get full set of decals?
    Posted: May-05-2016 at 2:08am
Looking for a full set of decals for the 88 BFN I know they are a very specific design those years so most places seem to not list them.
Any help would be appreciated. I had reached out last year to try and acquire a set from N3 but i think they stopped carrying them because I got nowhere with them, and they don't list them on the website anymore.
I would really like to throw some stock styling back onto the hull sides rather than having a custom set made up. proving harder to do than i thought.
*edit* I know Nautique parts has hull sides but I'm looking for transom, deck stripes,pinstriping etc. all details.
has anyone used these decals from them before? with any luck?

Transom should read
"Correct craft"
"competition ski boat"
these I cant seem to fins in right font
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2016 at 10:53am
Transom is the same as the Ski those are readily available, along with te double pin. I'd venture a guess the "lightning bolt" bow decals are different and the rear deck definitely is. Not sure those have been remade.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2016 at 11:03am
Try Townsend at White Lake Marine. They had a graphics guy at the reunion that told me they'll make reproduction graphics for WLM.
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2016 at 11:03am
I put an email into Nautique parts last night. I didnt realize the stern was the same.
They don't list it in any colors though only white.
Were all of the stern decals white instead of same color as the sides?

I venture to guess the same as you that the deck stripes are going to be the toughest to find

hopefully the guys at NP can hook me up with most of what i need. worse comes to worse I'll have a local guy try and match the grey up.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2016 at 11:51am
Sides were all white for '88 as well. What site said differently?
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2016 at 12:06pm
Yeah 88= all white
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2016 at 1:31am
ok, my bad. i figured since the website had gray and red as an option when ordering than it was offered that way originally.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2016 at 10:28am
89 had colored options.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2016 at 10:33am
Hmm, now I'm thinking- was there not a gray option for '88?

I know the shadow was the same color (unlike 89-90) and there wasn't the wide range of color options (teal, red, black, etc)... But I want to say the gray hulled boats had a non-white option.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2016 at 11:43am
I've never seen one but anything is possible back then if you knew someone.

HW probably has more 88 pics than anyone else in the world. So maybe he can check.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2016 at 12:45pm
88 was white only don't second guess yourself

MAYBE, just maybe, some very late 88s got colored decals [that came out in 89] but I have not seen any, and I've seen a lot of 88s...
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2016 at 12:50pm
Thought so
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic