NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New 1989 2001! **Pics**

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2016 at 12:16pm
There are several posts on this issue. A search would probably pull up some useful threads.

Undersized wiring, poor connections, daisy chain circuits...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2016 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by bb12 bb12 wrote:

So I've noticed the oil pressure gauge pegs and bounces to the right when the engine is on. From everything I've read it sounds like it's a low voltage/bad ground...Last night while tinkering with things I noticed that with the key in the "on" position (engine not running), when I tried to click on the Nav lights the oil pressure and fuel gauge both pegged to the right. I looked under the dash and to me the wiring didn't look all that bad. I will say electrical is not my thing so I'm not quite sure. Should I start by cleaning the connections at the dash on the oil pressure and fuel gauge? Or is there a way to reground the entire dash?

You can't tell by just looking. I suggest getting the VOM (volt Ohm meter) out and find out for sure. Yes, cleaning up all the connections from the engine to the dash is a start

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2016 at 12:34pm
Thanks. I think I'll hit all of the connections with some electrical contact spray and see where that gets me.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2016 at 12:35pm
That won't help. Remove and physically clean them first.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic