NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Angola Canvas - Pics With Tower Equipped Boats

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Angola Canvas - Pics With Tower Equipped Boats
    Posted: May-02-2016 at 8:52pm
Looking to replace / upgrade the cover for the '206. Spike with Angola today - they were unable to provide any close up pics of how they work the tower feet into the cover - anyone have any pictures of their work and comment on your level of satisfaction?
Has anyone had them add a "skirt" to the cover to protect from sun down to the waterline?
I do not have Donald's kind of cash to fund a structure over the lift. 😂😅😂
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 9:40am
Interested in this as well. Both my covers are a huge PITA around the tower legs, draw string that needs to be unhooked and then hooked around the tower legs then the Velcro flaps. One has a few snaps under the rub rail which makes for a very tight fit. The other is a carver brand, decent cover but same pita tower connections.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 10:18am
Greg, the tower stuff works well most of the time. They are pretty good with taking care of you after the fact if you aren't satisfied. I used to send a ton of side skirt covers out to California to a customer who kept his lake friends happy. We would specify a few extra inches to go to the chine instead of the water line so it covered everything.

The only big issue I had with the tower covers was sometimes the buckle clips they used to split the ratchet straps at the tower weren't strong enough plastic if you really crank it down. That doesn't matter on the skirt covers as they work best with a normal draw string at the bottom.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 10:33am
Zach
Were the side skirts removable (sounds like they were) and how did they attach to the main cover? Was this with a plastic buckle similar to a life vest?
The cover I had made for my 96 sport had the side skirts attach with snaps (to the main cover) at the rub rail which worked ok.

[/IMG]
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 11:16am
Any drawstring cover around a tower is going to be a PITA.

I have a "California" Angola from Zach. It's basically a rubrail cover but the rubrail is the chine of the boat. The sides are not removable.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 11:19am
What HW said. They can do removable but if you aren't going to trailer it I don't see the point of making them removable unless you have other ideas. Removable would be ok for mooring floating at night I guess.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 12:07pm
I need a new cover too and am thinking of having extended sides. Does the Angola cover have a drawstring around the rub rail? What keeps the extended sides tight or do they just hang down?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 12:16pm
Draw string around the bottom. They can add a strap at the rail too if needed.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 12:20pm
Anyone in particular to talk to there Zach?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 12:31pm
Bob is a dude. Tell him I sent you. Ed can get the job done but he's not as hip with the custom stuff. Bob can run you through the options list and how to order what.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 12:50pm
Thanks Zach
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 1:09pm
Just out of curiosity,if you remember is that who made the bow cover? Is it Sunbrella?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

I do not have Donald's kind of cash to fund a structure over the lift. 😂😅😂

Greg,

You forget that I am a professional and I have sponsorship by VISA !!!!!!!! Charge it !!!!!! You will only be out about $200 more if you have the time to wait. However, Bret does not do side skirts. He ain't Burger King, and special orders DO upset us.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Just out of curiosity,if you remember is that who made the bow cover? Is it Sunbrella?

Gary,

My factory bow cover is canvas and NOT Sunbrella and it was made by Taylor Made. It has the tag from Taylor Made on it.

WARNING: My boat is a 2002 Master's edition pickup boat so this may not apply to your boat.

Donald

1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic