NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang 17 rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2017 at 10:52am
Looks great. Be careful with those hull mods and SBC. These boats are designed for SBF! Ask Peter1234.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2017 at 11:19am
He's fine Bruce, he still has the Ford!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2017 at 12:50pm
Sure looks great, we really need some video's of your runs Duane
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2017 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Guess I was confused with someone else    But, you still ought to be careful between the recess you made and those metal plates.

Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2017 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Guess I was confused with someone else    But, you still ought to be careful between the recess you made and those metal plates.

The recess does not seem to have any negative effect on the hull at all. I think it is because it is far enough forward of the transom that the hook effect if any is erased.
As far as the plates (tabs) go, They don't have enough surface area to be real touchy. I am running them down about 3/8" now. When I am solo in boat and about 10 gallons of gas, they perform really well. Not touchy at all and I can drive thru the porpoise very quickly. Some times the porpoise is almost non existent. Still running a 5400RPM chip in the MSD box. I will probably keep my 540 prop on it for the time being. It could use a little more but it performs so well now that I hate to give up any hole shot. It is fast enough the way it is now. I may be able to get some drive by videos next week. Wife is not very comfortable with WOT runs so until I get someone else to ride and video I won't be able to get any onboard shots. We are planning on the Lake James mini this summer.
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
JohnH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2017 at 8:09pm
I just have to comment on the Acme 430. I have a 1989 Martinique with a 454 and 1:1 transmission. I recently installed a 430 and it is perfect. I'm at the 4400 redline at WOT, it is the smoothest prop I've had on the boat, and it pulls like crazy out of the hole.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic