Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1968 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1968 Mustang
    Posted: September-30-2015 at 11:09pm
I'm looking for a port side windshield bracket for a Mustang with the 2 piece glass Taylor Made windshield. Willing to buy a single piece or a set or what have you! Thanks John!

This is the original on the starboard side.

Old school goin back to school!
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2015 at 11:12pm
Ok, I'm still learning........

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 12:10pm
I'll check my stash- I know I have a pair but I do know that one is broken in half.
But I do have 1 pair of the smaller brackets left.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 12:44pm
Marty...These are the same brackets I was trading emails with you about. I am also looking for a set for our 67 SN. Both of mine are cracked.

Looks like your one side is in great shape. Wonder how expensive it would be to have someone duplicate it.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 3:39pm
I started to make my own until Marty brokered a deal for me. The plan was to make it out of brass,braze the base and the top together and plate. This was as far as I got--

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 3:48pm
I think johnb had some off another boat if I remember. I lost mine but then found them. He was trying to help me out.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
Cuda Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 5:02pm
I'll check this weekend. I think I have a pair.
1968 Barracuda Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 5:58pm
I would suggest to all that have this setup to thru bolt everything rather than rely on the sheet metal screws to hold it down.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 8:57pm
Thanks all of you for the responses! I'll look forward to hearing about what you have available!
These seem to be almost as hard to find as a ring and finger! Ha!

Not so sure about having one made..... Gary your idea is quite impressive but I'm not sure it's in my skill set!

Thanks, john
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 9:06pm
John, How about some pics of that mahogany Mustang? Was that the one that was for sale in NH last year?
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2015 at 12:30am
Best shot I currently have......

Yes it was from NH but I picked it up late spring and have been working on it between paying projects.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2015 at 10:26am
Nice boat! It looked very original with decent gel in the CL add.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2015 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I started to make my own until Marty brokered a deal for me. The plan was to make it out of brass,braze the base and the top together and plate. This was as far as I got--

Gary,
Considering how scarce these are, you could fabricate a batch of them and I'd say they would go quickly. Tig the base to the side instead of brazing. This way you can get a larger radius in the corner that then could be ground out smooth. I've fabbed several windshield brackets this way when the raw castings or even the finished brackets weren't available. Great effort - continue on!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Cuda Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2015 at 1:16pm
Sorry to be getting back to you so late. I checked my parts stash and do not have a spare set of the brackets. If I come across any I'll pm you.
1968 Barracuda Super Sport
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2015 at 11:43pm
Thanks Chris! I appreciate you looking for me!
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 9:43pm
So just a bump to the top!
With the Thanksgiving holiday coming around maybe you guys will have a chance to look thru your shops and parts collections!

Keep me posted! Have a great Thanksgiving!

John
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2016 at 8:34pm
Hi! Bumping again to see if anybody came across any of these brackets moving stuff around this winter?

Thanks,

John
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2016 at 10:34pm
John, check with Marty Mabe. He is working on having some made.
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2016 at 11:17pm
Thanks Bruce! I'll reach out to him again.
Have to heard from Marty lately? Looks like he hasn't been around since December....
I hope all is well
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2017 at 11:03pm
Here we go again! New year same problem.
Any leads on some of these?
I'm making some inquiries on have them made, I will post what I find but in the meantime anybody have some they would sell?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic