NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ladder or Platform on 1973 Mustang??

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Looks like the Bryant even has drink holders!

That's the only useful thing on the whole boat!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 1:31pm
Tim, you either have it or you don't

Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

"Oh, hey look at those folks who don't have a platform, is that why they're waving at us because we're sitting here on our platform enjoying all of the benefits of a platform lifestyle?"

Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Excel is a lifestyle not a skiboat. If you want the lifestyle that an Excel provides, they are awesome.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Tim, you either have it or you don't

and your point is????????

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 2:37pm
Not you TimBob. The other Tim.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 2:38pm
Clearly don't have it. #ladderlifestyle
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 7:00pm
#Ladderlifestyle is like so last year.

edit: and I'm so gettin' a Bryant - Multi-Levels !
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 7:34pm

No need to chose between the 2, you can now have both.

They are going hard on their platforms. Keep going until you clear the out-drive...

Can't wait to see the Wake Tractor!

I think they market this as the "surf porch"

Bryant has a super ugly wake boat now called a wake tractor. It's worth googling just to appreciate how ugly it is.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 7:45pm
Sport porch
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 7:52pm

Sport porch

Are you sure it's not pooch as in dog?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

I think they market this as the "surf porch"

Fakeboard boat with a surf porch -

I thought this might be the next level of surfing. You can just stand on the porch and drink a beer. Everyone in the boat will be able to feel a sense of accomplishment and athleticism.   Next they can add some hydraulics to make the porch move up and down so you can feel like you are doing something without the risk of embarrassing yourself and losing self esteem.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 8:59pm
The exact opposite of the activity described above is barefooting. Followed by hauling your own ass over the gunnel of your platform-less vintage hot rod!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 9:15pm
Without a platform where do you put the casualties? I hauled my buddy up on mine when he snapped his femur. I was able to get him to the ramp and the helicopter crew just wheeled up a stretcher and lifted him onto it. Without the platform I would have had to drag him back to shore with a rope.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 10:09pm
It's beginning to sound like the Back Porch is the way to go.

Except for me - too many cup holders.   When you put cup holders in your platform, the chicks never want to go home.

And,   I'd be willing to bet that Tim uses a Platform Boat on Ladder Boat Day.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 11:02pm
Option #1: ski home
Option #2: swim home

No room for wussies in a 16' boat, sorry!

Al, I don't *love* ladders (certainly not to the point of adding one to a ladder-less boat) but they can look sharp on some boats. Certainly better looking than platforms on the smaller vintage rigs. I have helped de-platform 2 Mustangs in the last year... Always trying to do my part!
jake613 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jake613 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by randall randall wrote:

Thanks TRBenj. I remember seeing this ladder before. I am really thinking of removing it.   

I think I have found a good place to do the gel coat work. They said orange and green are the hardest colors to match.   

Since I am definitely going to need some orange matching, love to know who can do it.

jake613 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jake613 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 11:15pm
Here is what I wound up with, no known history of mods but 274 hours total

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I have helped de-platform 2 Mustangs in the last year... Always trying to do my part!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

No room for wussies in a 16' boat, sorry!

Who takes your boat out?
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 12:00am
Jake's ladder is from a Century.   Like an old Resorter or Cheetah etc...

I can't ski back to the dock.   I'd get a ticket for skiing in a no wake zone, not to mention upsetting the neighbors.   And I think I might be the reason for the no wake.

I suppose I gotta claim guilt for platforming Slayers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic