FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Andy Mapple Passes

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andy Mapple Passes
    Posted: August-25-2015 at 1:44pm
I'm shocked and saddened to hear Andy Mapple has passed away. Like most of you, Andy was the icon of water skiing and probably a good reason why I wanted a Correct Craft and, in turn, started this site.

He will be greatly missed.

Photo by Tim Morfoot
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 2:22pm
It was a pleasure to know and talk with this man over the years, we have a dark cloud down here at the factory. But are hearts are with his family at this time of need.

He will be missed by all at Correct Craft Inc.

God Bless
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 5:02pm
Very sad... any idea how?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 6:15pm
Definitely a huge loss to the entire waterskiing community

He was an inspiration for me and also a strong influence in going back to open toe on my slalom. It's a shame he skied thru heavens gate so early in life.

My heart goes out to his family, I am sure he will be missed so very much. RIP Andy Mapple
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 10:31pm
I had the honor and pleasure of meeting and talking with Andy on several occasions over the years at the Masters. Down to earth guy who was the Michael Jordan of our sport and what a thrill to watch in person. The beaches would be filled with fans of our sport but when Andy hit the water so did the fans. He was just simply a joy to watch and the crowds loved him so.

Most of you already know but to the many CCFans who don't as they are new round here but thru Art C, and Andy himself. It was determined that my 88' was the tournament boat that pulled Andy to his 2nd (of 14) Masters Slalom titles. Since my boat was there on display for CCFan as per Keith and CC's request I had approached Andy to autograph it for me. He said " Yes, I'd be happy to. That sure is a nice boat. I looked at it last night." I gotta do my thing on the water here in a few but I'll sign it" The above picture that Keith posted was shortly after our talk and yeah, he was doing his thing.

He was a man of his word and autographed 'Miss Scarlett' for me. He climbed in I handed him a paint pen and he looked at me and asked what I wanted him to do.... I said..." Just sign it there on the stern and include Masters slalom champ 1988"......... He started to do as I asked then stopped , turned his head , looked at me, smiled and said " I'm nervous.......I've never autographed a boat before and I don't wanna mess up!"   I snapped a couple pics and had someone snap a couple of me with him , shook his hand and thanked him for making my weekend and off he went.

He will be sorely missed by thousands of fans. Prayers to Deena, and the kids. We lost the undisputed King of Slalom and a scroll of wins that no one will ever match. God speed Andy and thank you!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 1:05am
Tim you have something very special there as your own memorial to AM. I was shocked when I heard the news of his passing. And I have never met the man just watched him on video over and over again.....
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 6:38pm
What a great story. Thanks for posting that, Morfoot.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 6:49pm
Tim, that is a great story and he did a nice job on the signature!
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 7:07pm
That is awesome... might want to have that clear coated.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 7:46pm
Terrible loss at such an age. Seemed to be very well liked. What was the cause of death?
Js
woodman935 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodman935 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 4:19pm
Truly one of the greatest ever, he is my hero.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic