Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Nautiuqe 2001 Storage Dimensions

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
HoustonTexans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoustonTexans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski Nautiuqe 2001 Storage Dimensions
    Posted: August-25-2015 at 1:16pm
Hi all,

I just purchased a 1988 Ski Nautique 2001 yesterday, and this is my first time posting here in the forum. I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post this question, so I apologize in advance if not. I need to find a storage unit ASAP for the boat, since I live in an apartment near downtown Houston, and don't have a garage to keep it in. Right now my options are either an open parking space (uncovered) in a storage complex, or a 10' x 24' covered boat storage unit, but I'm concerned if my boat will be able to completely fit in the unit. Since this ended up being a very last-minute purchase last night, I was in a rush and forgot to measure the total length/width of the boat on the trailer. Right now I'm at work and don't have a chance to measure the dimensions, so I was wondering if anybody knows whether it will be able to fit okay in the 10' x 24' unit. The boat is on what appears to be the original Correct Craft trailer, which I don't believe it has a swinging tongue at the front. I've also attached some pictures of the boat/trailer: Thanks for your help!!

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 1:22pm
It should fit in a 24' deep enclosure, though it won't be by a lot. Removing the platform will buy you about a foot.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 1:59pm
Is that your F150? A hefty tow vehicle could handle sliding the bow stop forward just a few inches from a normal position. Who knows where it is placed now anyway...

I can measure my boat tonight, Morfoot also has his 88 at his home. 24' seems sufficient.
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 2:55pm
Good looking boat & welcome.

My 2001 including trailor is 24 ft. Definitely store under cover or covered up.

If not, as mentioned, you can slide the bow stop up however be sure to check that you have enough clearance at the prop guard and spare tire to do so.

Good Luck
HoustonTexans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoustonTexans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 2:26am
Thanks everybody for the quick responses, I really appreciate it! As it turns out, the boat was able to fit in the storage unit comfortably with about 6-7 inches to spare so looks like I'm in the clear. And I also don't need to worry about it fading sitting out in the sun or getting rained on

Hollywood, yes that is my truck so I'll keep that it mind if I ever need to free up some space and fit the boat in a really tight spot.

This is my first boat and im really looking forward to learning more about maintenance and upkeep, so if anyone has any general or helpful tips for a noob it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic