Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wake Board Tower for 1989 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bauer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wake Board Tower for 1989 Ski Nautique
    Posted: June-30-2015 at 7:33pm
I have a 1989 Ski Nautique and would like to put a tower on it. I live in Gainesville Florida so Orlando or Jacksonville are nearby markets. Can anyone help with advise or places to contact to purchase the tower?

Thanks
Shane
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2015 at 9:50pm
Most of the people on this site will say don't put on a tower.
1972 Mustang
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2015 at 1:57am
New Dimension, Inc. in Maryville, Tennessee makes a very nice Tower that looks very close to the factory Flight Control Tower that Correct use to make. Correct Craft no longer offers the older FACT Towers for sale as new. They do come up for sale from time to time on Craig's list. You will likely have to modify them to fit your boat. However, New Dimension can make you a new one that will fit properly and they can even install it for you if you take your boat to them. Finding an older Flight Control Tower is like finding a needle in a hay stack. However, Florida does seem to be the place where they do show up from time to time.

If you do not care that the tower is not a Correct Craft their are all type of other Tower Companies out there like Monster, Roswell, Skylon and Fly High. New Dimension are the only ones that I like that are not OEM, but everyone has different taste.

JMO,

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2015 at 10:05am
I did not want to put on a big tower on my 1989. It would look too heavy or too excessive to me.

So I found this one: Jobe Addict 1.1
I modified it so it would fit nicely on my boat...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2015 at 10:50am
Have you considered a Skylon, or FlyHigh extended pylons or are you dead set on a tower? Must of the gang here would tell you to go that route instead of mounting a tower.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2015 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Must of the gang here would tell you to go that route instead of mounting a tower.

True that! I had my share of bashing for putting that thing on my boat

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2015 at 11:48am
True Dat' Kristof but since your baby is used to pull a SKI TEAM.......we'll cut you a little slack.....but not much!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
spiralhelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2015 at 12:51pm
We have the Big Air H2O tower on our 89 SpN. It isn't glamorous, but gets the job done. In grad school, we used a fly high pole. At the time, it seemed like a lot of work to constantly put it up and take it down, but now with the tower, I'm doing the same thing to get it in the garage, so when we are ready for a new boat, I'll be using the pole instead.
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2015 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by spiralhelix spiralhelix wrote:

We have the Big Air H2O tower on our 89 SpN. It isn't glamorous, but gets the job done. In grad school, we used a fly high pole. At the time, it seemed like a lot of work to constantly put it up and take it down, but now with the tower, I'm doing the same thing to get it in the garage, so when we are ready for a new boat, I'll be using the pole instead.

+2 on the Big Air H2O. I liked the New Dimension better, but it was twice the price. Yes, I did take some heat from the guys here, but most of them got over it.
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic