NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another Family Member

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Family Member
    Posted: June-30-2015 at 10:49am
So, I found another I couldn't resist. We pick it up tonight. It is a mostly original untouched 89 that has some bumps and bruises along the way in its 900 ish hours.

The boat seemed to have been running out of alignment for sometime and the coupler bolts sheared off and pulled the log out of the hull. Damage was minimal so it will be an easy fix. It needs a few gel repairs but over all the gel will come back nicely and with new graphics it will be a gem.

The interior is very nice and the teal carpet just needs a good cleaning.

Floor and stringers look nice and solid upon inspection with no notable cracking or delamination.

Original plan was to fix and flip but my brother is all googly eyed over this one.

Better photos to follow when we get it home and apart.

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2015 at 11:15am
Also out and about over the weekend I saw a fellow driving this rare colored deck 88. They repainted the lower stripe at some point so the color doesn't match but I had never seen one in that color configuration. Very cool and rare.

We were out on a local lake which was basically an ocean since it was the first real nice day we had this summer.

It was a bow up 12 mph operation ha.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2015 at 12:12pm
That's the problem of working where you do,I'm sure there are temptations regularly! Sounds like your weather is the same as here. Mosquito's showed up in force yesterday.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2015 at 12:17pm
Zach has a knack for buying blown out log boats. Plenty of value there, nice cover!

Mosquitos have been pretty dormant lately, probably hard rains killing them off. But, of course they showed up eventually, including inside the closed garage.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2015 at 12:23pm
Speaking of which, i just picked up some random mosquito bites last night looking at that boat .

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2015 at 3:10pm
Well here she is.

[
]]

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2015 at 5:54pm
Luke has fallen in love with the color scheme (Helped that it is the brochure boat of that year ha).

His girlfriend Ashley and the little lady in pink (Mia) approve as well. Dad came over to inspect the purchase last night and we went out and had a celebratory beer to commemorate another piece of fiberglass.

The dog likes to sleep under my dash so the first place she went was under the bow ha.

Tonight we are going to pull the interior/rudder/shaft and get to prepping for glass repair. Hopefully it will be floating in a few weeks.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2015 at 6:23pm
where's mom
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2015 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

where's mom

Sulking that we bought another boat ha.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2015 at 12:59pm
Next one better be for her then Zach
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2015 at 9:32pm
Love the teal 89 SN's
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2015 at 10:24am
Why are ladies such downers on boat buying? Is this really so wrong? Are we really wasting our time, money and effort on these old boats? I know the old car guys, old plane guys, old furniture guys, (etc, etc, etc...) get the same responses from their ladies..

I also don't think I really want an answer.................... I just get amazed by the consistent one-sidedness against "buying, trading, swapping" hobbies at times (not that that is EVER an issue in my home............. )
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2015 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Why are ladies such downers on boat buying? Is this really so wrong? Are we really wasting our time, money and effort on these old boats?   

Steve, this is an age of question that goes back to the beginning of time it can even be tracked back to the Vikings. They were asking the same question.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2015 at 9:40pm
Dang Zach,
That looks like the 89 I sold last year and I miss it already! Same color and interior. Enjoy!
Tom
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2015 at 1:39pm
Nice, color is cool.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 10:10am
Thanks dudes,

Luke and I got the glass ground down smooth in the log area and all of the old glass off of the log itself. Plan on getting product tonight then maybe bedding the log into place Thursday night.

I will be gone Friday-Monday for that wedding so no work until next week. We are hoping to float it/run it by the middle of next week.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 10:18am
Luke and I did some work last night. He used the magic eraser wheel and got basically all the decals off the port side of the rig. I cleaned and prepped the log/hull and bedded the log into place. Planning on glassing that over tonight and working on some other small projects while the Luke strips the rest of the decals.

I did a test buff on the teal and white. The white will look good with just a buff but the teal will need to be wet sanded to bring back its full luster. It shined up nice but the color is very hazy.

Our plan with the motor/Bilge is to pull it out this winter and do a once over paint job similar to the 85 motor. Then it will be something we wont have to touch for years.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Why are ladies such downers on boat buying? Is this really so wrong? Are we really wasting our time, money and effort on these old boats? I know the old car guys, old plane guys, old furniture guys, (etc, etc, etc...) get the same responses from their ladies..

I also don't think I really want an answer.................... I just get amazed by the consistent one-sidedness against "buying, trading, swapping" hobbies at times (not that that is EVER an issue in my home............. )

It may have something to do with competing interests....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic