NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foots/TimBobs New 72 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2016 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Will try and get a green bikini shot with the boat in the water sometime this summer just to add that little extra added touch.

nobody wants to see you in a bikini, of any color
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2016 at 11:21am
LMAO.......We didn't wanna see you in one either but a select few of us did and I've been scared for life!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2016 at 11:48am
Tim you gotta find a classic lime green foam O'Brien world team comp vest. Had one years ago but it lost a fight with a teething German Shepherd puppy..
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2016 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

Tim you gotta find a classic lime green foam O'Brien world team comp vest.   

Tim,
You should check with Larry. He's got all the old classic ski equipment!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2016 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

You should check with Larry. He's got all the old classic ski equipment!

Larry IS old ski equipment.!

I need to score some Mustang Skis like Brother Gary has for his! That would be a Cool addition.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2016 at 1:13pm
As a matter of fact, I did have one of those green vinyl vests, but it wasn't for me it was my wife's. Not sure what came of it. But I do have a copy/replacement of my orange AWSA vest that I bought in maybe 1972. My original was blown to atoms when I was teaching myself to barefoot, but I picked this one up recently just for the memories. Its a little snug for me now, but next time I am going to be in the same place as Hollywood, I am going to bring it along for him to use, since he really appreciates my vintage stuff.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2016 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Larry IS old ski equipment.!

lmfao quote of the week!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 1:17pm
Tim, the boat looks absolutely fantastic! You do amazing work.

Since '72 Mustangs generally sell for about 1,200 bucks on Craigslist, I'm willing to offer you that right now for Kermit. Don't make me wait, I might drop the offer.

Is a '72 Mustang a 16 1/2 ft. or 17 ft. boat?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2016 at 8:17am
David, It's a 16 1/2 foot boot. Thanks, for the compliment. I puposely transferred to Delta's Engine Composite shop for this very reason. Knew I was gonna find an old boat some day that was gonna need some work or if I needed to repair the one I already owned. Best move I ever made career wise as it's paid off into something I enjoy doing after " I do my 8 then hit the gate!"   

Art pulled the build sheet for me and the 1200 you are offering doesn't even cover what New England CC paid for it back itn 72.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2016 at 2:04pm
Interesting it came from NH originally. I only dealt with NECC a few times, they were about an hour from me.

I was talking to a friend about my '63 a few months ago, describing the boat to him. He said "that must be valuable". I explained that actually it was nearly worthless on the open market, but to me it's priceless. He got that, the value of these older boats isn't dollars, it's a value the owner understands. I truly think that if I ever move on from the boat I'll give it away to the right person, not sure I'd feel right about selling it.

Very nice when you can do something for work that you actually enjoy!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
  Share Topic