Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thermostat Housing Needed

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Big Fish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thermostat Housing Needed
    Posted: March-28-2015 at 11:04am
I know that PCM is no longer making the thermostat housings for 351W. I've searched extensively but cannot locate one. Is there any anyone that has a housing that they are willing to sell?   I only need the upper housing but will buy upper and lower if you just want to sell them together.   Thanks
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2015 at 12:40pm
James,
If you don't have any luck finding the housing, have you considered a repair? Brazing, welding and even epoxy (NOT JB WELD!!!) are options. What's wrong with yours?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2015 at 2:25pm
Consider updating your location in your profile. Have you tried Lewis Marine in Ft Lauterdale? Have you called Pleasurecraft? Jody at Florida Inboards? How about a marine engine rebuilder like Rapido?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Big Fish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2015 at 3:29pm
Actually the one that is on the boat was fabricated and does not fit well. It leaks water and doesn't accommodate the thermostat. It actually looks like the original from the exterior but the whoever made it couldn't replicate inside dimensions.   Pleasurecraft said they don't have any and don't have any plans of making new ones. I've heard the mold was lost or broken at the factory. Seems unusual that the factory or an aftermarket distributor could not manufacture one. I will give Lewis Marine a call. I haven't heard of Rapido. Who are they?   
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2015 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Big Fish Big Fish wrote:

I haven't heard of Rapido. Who are they?   

Engine rebuilder. Google would be a great option.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2015 at 3:59pm
I was thinking Rapido might have a used one,Lewis is just a guess they used to have that stuff or might know know of someone. Check here too. Jerry might have something used also.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Big Fish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2015 at 6:25pm
Thanks for the info. I will these groups a try. I think my only luck is finding a used one or someone that just happens to have one tucked away on a parts shelf.
a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2015 at 3:49pm
Check the following:

Marine Parts Express

Use part number RA025001. It would appear they have one in stock. Call to confirm.

Big Fish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2015 at 5:54pm
Unfortunately, I have tried marine parts express and many other parts stores. These places think they can still get the part from their distributors but none of the distributors have the part. I need to find one that is "in-stock" in the local shop inventory or find an used one of an old engine.   I think my best hope is finding a used one. I'm hoping someone has an old engine lying around that they can pull one off.    
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2015 at 6:47pm
I will look tomorrow. But I am sure I have one.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2015 at 7:03pm
oops twice now I forgot about Jody at Florida Inboards,I'll have to move him up in the old grey matter
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic