Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

fuel tank level sender

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fuel tank level sender
    Posted: March-27-2015 at 10:45pm
[/IMG]
I'm not sure what this piece is actually called so the title is probably miss named. I have the gas tank out of my 87' SN for other reasons but thought it was a good time to replace the sender while the tank is out of the boat. the fuel gauge stopped working.
-to replace the float am I suppose to bend the rod to get the new one on and then bend it back in place?

-the new sender has resistance going back down (fuel level going down). does that seem right? I would think it needs to go down fairly easily with the gravity of the fuel level

-the way the rod attaches to the sender looks to be different from the old to new. The new one doesn't look like it secures the float rod as well as the old one, it looks to just push in and the old has a set screw. I'll add that there were not instructions so I figured it was pretty self explanatory, but looking for any advice or pointers before I either screw it up or put it in and the tank back in
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2015 at 11:06pm
Can you return it? These are the better ones used in the newer boats

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
spiralhelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2015 at 11:07pm
Fuel sender

They are relatively inexpensive. I just replaced mine. I believe as long as it is a 33-240 ohm sending unit, it will work. You measure the depth of the tank and fix the float to the correct depth. Some people have been switching to a capacitive fuel sender as they tend to be more accurate, but the old version was cheap and easy for me.
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2015 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Can you return it? These are the better ones used in the newer boats

Ah... Zach what is N3's return policy
CrazyCanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2015 at 11:54pm
I took mine apart and fixed the broken wire inside. It works great....
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtW3vJrMHLdqBzndt9VX3oOpBuRopGlzKq9Ea7pAO7wnTuoD8E8g
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic