Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Twin Skins Upholstrey

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
chuckactor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twin Skins Upholstrey
    Posted: February-24-2015 at 2:54pm
I was looking into replacing the upholstery in my '85 2001 with deluxe interior. Does anyone have any experience with Twin Skins (http://www.twinskinsupholstery.com/) in Florida? Thie quote seems very attractive.

Thanks!
Chuck
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 11:57am
I just read a few notes about how good their work is on another forum (PN I think). Very high accolades. You ought to be good to go!
2008 MasterCraft 197TT
1996 Nautique Super Sport
1988 Waterlogged Supra Mariah
sberard5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sberard5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2015 at 11:00am
That's a great idea! Surprised more companies aren't doing this. If my boat came with an interior I'd seriously consider this.
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2015 at 12:10pm
Weren't they related to another mail in upholstery business a few miles away in Tavares, FL on CR 448? I'm wanting to say yes and the latter business received pretty poor reviews on I believe CCF.

Twin Skins Upholstery

Edit: It's Copy Cat Upholstery That I was thinking of who received poor reviews. Funny thing is the only google review I read of twin skins was negative and the person says Twin Skins claimed to be Copy Cat, who also has negative reviews.
chuckactor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 5:32pm
Saw the same thing with CopyCat. Not sure if they are at all related. The reviews were confusing. Twin Skins came in at less than a third of what I was quoted by another popular upholstery place. I need to get a local quote to see what it would cost.

Chuck
transport1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote transport1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2015 at 2:06am
This was the worst experience ever, this guy Tony Mendez gave me a great quote and told me he was going to work on my 40 Foot boat at his house instead of his shop. It was the worst mistake of my life. Him and his wife proceeded to destroy my boat and give me the worst job ever. They even went as far as putting crews through my hull because they did not know how to reinstall my seats. I had to literally contact the police, and i went and snatched my boat back from them. Now i have taken everything they did and redoing the whole boat again. I would advise any prospective customers to stay as far away from them as possible if you value your stuff. i have all the pictures to prove it if anyone needs to see them for themselves.
A
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 2:03am
So did anyone use twin skins?
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 8:39am
We had really good luck with a local upholstery shop in Altamonte Springs Fl. She works out of her home, and the shop is not the nicest, but her work is great based on our experience over the past 2.5 years. She redid our entire interior and also made some custom pieces for our interior. She's also worked on our cover to fix issues we had with it.

I would highly recommend her (Patty).

Here's their site

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 10:43am
I have learned lots master ( insert young skywalker voice/ while talking to obi wan kinobe)
*mtrbtr* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *mtrbtr* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 11:39am
I have used Copy Cat and Christines. I actually used Copy Cat twice. Once with my old MC and once on my current boat.   Despite numerous bad reviews, I had very good luck with them. I liked Christines Quality a lot better but Copy Cat was much faster.
2006 SV 211 (sold) went to the dark side
97 Sport Nautique (sold)
89 PS 190 (sold)
05 Four Winns H180 (sold)
89 Four Winns 180 Freedom (sold)
75 MFG (sold)
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 11:48am
What about costs? Christine's is super expensive. They quoted me like $3500 or some crazy nonsense like that. The cost on the vinyal is at most $300. So all that $ for labor to install the stuff yourself is crazy.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 1:06pm
We paid $2K for our interior, but that included rebuilding the side combs out of starboard and also some repairs to the spotter chair back. We also had a booster cushion, a pad for the rear bench seat, and some extensions and repairs to the canvas cover.

Price included removal and install.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
*mtrbtr* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *mtrbtr* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 1:25pm
Christines was more resonable actually.
2006 SV 211 (sold) went to the dark side
97 Sport Nautique (sold)
89 PS 190 (sold)
05 Four Winns H180 (sold)
89 Four Winns 180 Freedom (sold)
75 MFG (sold)
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 5:28pm
Christine's pricing is reasonable and the product is top notch , Problem is they demand payment up front however they are so back logged your lucky if you get your order in 6-9 weeks!
I wound up asking for a reimbursement after the deadline date went three weeks over.
I am considering setting up our own upholstery and canvas shop right here at Florida Inboards Inc.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 5:30pm
Very good.
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 8:29pm
I had a great experience with Christine's. They delivered as promised with excellent results. Great customer service before and after the sale. Highly recommended
ChristinesMarine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristinesMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 9:48pm
Jody,

We appreciate the "top notch" remark but would like to clarify our payment arrangements and lead time policy.

We ask for payment information upfront but we do not run credit cards or send Paypal invoices until we are about to order or cut vinyl for the order. You insisted on sending a check at the time you placed the order so you wouldn't spend the money, (those were your words)..

You were informed, as are all customers, in writing that it could take up to 90 days from order to ship date. You demanded that you receive your order in 45 days from the order date or you wanted your money back so we refunded your money. We were not past our deadline, 45 days was half way to the deadline.

Our product is in high demand and we do the best we can to reduce lead times.

George
Thank you all for the Many Years of Support     
~~~ (Retired) ChristinesMarine ~~~ In God We Trust ~~~
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 10:05pm
I just got a few skins from Christine's and the quality is insane. Worth the wait. Expectations were met as they were set. I had no idea how complex these skins would be but they are now that I have them in hand. I can't imagine the work it takes to re-create them.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2015 at 2:06am
I also had great experience with Christine's! If you are keeping up with interior replacing pieces as needed and want it stock... highly recommended! It wasn't difficult and the result looks 100% factory and very high quality. The material is high quality/ perfect match and the stitching is 2nd to none!
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2015 at 10:53am
That's funny George!
This is where you are wrong and deceiving! I was told by you that normally it is up to a 90 day wait on skins but that "Industry customers would be a 6 week turn around" Florida Inboards in the past has been a "industry" customer! What changed in the over 8 weeks that you held our payment!
Again I have great respect for the very high quality work you provide and even you have gone out and made a part correct after it was found over sized and fit was incorrect.
That all said I still will not utilize your company due to the way you handled this situation and your deception. I have though told many of my customers to order form you and I will install the product. I will however not order from you again!

Jody Seal
Florida Inboards Inc.
Panama City, Florida
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
_vn_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _vn_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2016 at 1:33pm
hi, I saw your review here and i think on google about twin skins. I've also had crappy experience with that scumbag Tony, his product was poor fit and seams were falling apart - i had to re-sew some and also send him back 1 seat which was just way off (he didn't pay for shipping), than he tried to triple charge me for some hidem welt and that's when i've had enough. I disputed and luckily amex returned me my money, but now he's trying to sue me for that :) If you decide to sue him I will be happy to vouch for his poor quality of work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic