NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TABLEROCK LAKE-BRANSON

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
D&C1988 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&C1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TABLEROCK LAKE-BRANSON
    Posted: February-16-2015 at 6:20pm
First time poster, long time viewer. Are there any Nautique groups or any one interested in getting together over the summer at TableRock lake?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 10:40am
Not sure, but I heard that lake is beautiful !!
trailer what you have up to Green Lake WI in July to the biggest/baddest get together there is !!!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

D&C1988 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&C1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 11:06am
Yes, not built up with business on the lake. Very clear water, no weeds and lots of trees and hills. It is a State of MO lake. However Branson is 20 miles or less depending on where your at on the water. I am currently having a 88 SN refurbished. It was a emotional purchase at Christmas this year. I grew up in the summers in northern In. around the chain of lakes. Webster, Barbee Ect. My best buddy's dad always provided us with a 1 year old hand me down( he got the new one) and we ran the lake from the time we were 13 till I graduated HS. The last boat we never got to use was a 1988 White & ice blue with a navy accent stripe. My buddy's dad passed away right before Christmas and when going back for the funeral I was passing time at the hotel on found the boat on CL. I bought a 2 owner exact match with all the original documents and it was even sold at the same dealer! I knew it was waiting for me!!!

Anyway would love to make the trip but depending on $ it takes to fix her up it might have to wait till next year. We already have a free place to stay at TableRock so I am looking for a few Nautiquer's to hang for a sunny day.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 11:54am
David,
Welcome to posting on CCfan. Do you have any pictures to show us? What is being done to the boat?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
D&C1988 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&C1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 12:44pm
I only have a pic of when we bought it. Cant figure out how to post it???
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by D&C1988 D&C1988 wrote:

I only have a pic of when we bought it. Cant figure out how to post it???

Go to "post reply" and don't use the "quick reply". Click on the tree icon with the up arrow. The box that comes up will allow you to browse your computer for whatever you want to post.

What's being done to the boat?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
D&C1988 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&C1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 2:24pm
Floors, body & hull, carpet, upper motor refresh, tons of bolt on like blower, bilge pump, strainer, regasket most stuff, new deck from this site & refresh rest of the wood, ect. Pretty much what ever my fiberglass boat guy thinks.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 3:04pm

Floors, Pretty much what ever my fiberglass boat guy thinks.

Hopefully he takes a good look at your stringers and hopefully they are good since that would put a big dent in the budget! Did you ever consider doing some of the work yourself? That would sure cut down on the expenses.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
D&C1988 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&C1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 3:27pm
He did inspect the stringers. He pulled every bolt one at a time while I was there dropping it off and we put Kleenex in each hole to see if it would come out wet. NONE did. He put them back in with a cordless impact with the clutch set at 65 lbs. & it clutched out every time. There was some Delamination in the last 18 to 24 inches he suspected was from the boat being parked nose up about a foot over level and water collecting in the rear of the boat. Early photos of the boat with the previous owners confirmed it.He is supposed to be documenting the work so hope I get some pics. The bolt-ons and motor work I can do when it starts to warm up a bit. I Don't have a place inside to work on it.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 8:02pm
Looks nice Dave! Welcome aboard! More pictures are nice, as the folks north of us have nothing to do other than shovel snow and dream of summer. Helps them through.
Js
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2015 at 12:13am
Great lake. I can attest that there is a Mercuriser Alpha outdrive somewhere on the bottom of Table Rock Lake. Rock lane Lodge was very nice in the early to mid 80s. Looks like it's still there. I would love to visit again someday.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

GMacLaren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMacLaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2015 at 12:45am
Here are 6 pages of snapshots taken at 2012 ACBS meet on Table Rock. Mine's the Century Resorter, "Meanwhile." The thing I enjoyed most about that lake was the many long cruises to lunches at the various shore-side restaurants - - and that we saw almost-only ACBS boats on the lake. No crowds.

2012 - at Table Rock
-=Grant MacLaren=-
Retired Expert
http://www.grantmaclaren.com/72skier
D&C1988 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&C1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2015 at 10:20am
Damn those are nice boats! My wife would love them. It would be great if a group of Nautiques could get together for a cruise and a lunch like you guys.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2015 at 10:35am
Grant, you captured the event nicely !! Great shots.. Is your boat the red Resorter?? Man is that thing sweet !!

Lake looks great. Maybe we can put together a min there next year..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2015 at 10:38am
OK, what is this crazy beautiful "ship"?? I've never seen anything like it...

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2015 at 11:01am
Grant,
Nice and great turnout. Except for that rainy day, it looks like it was a great show. I'll have to put it on my list to attend. I noticed the X55 there too. It's always great to see one where the owner hasn't cut a hole in the top of the dog house converting to a downdraft carb!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
GMacLaren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMacLaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2015 at 12:00pm
RE: That big yacht -- The original TOLKA was built at the Alexander Graham Bell Laboratories in Baddeck Nova Scotia in 1928. Owner Lee Anderson, pretty much had a copy built by Peter Breen. It's 36 foot in length, a "2 station" limousine launch powered with an "original" (ha) Sterling engine. Other than the engine, about the only thing original is its name.

My boat was the 1981 Century Resorter "Meanwhile" -- not "restored," but styled by me to look older. (ACBS let it in the show because of its "looks.") It was blue with maroon upholstery & CENTURY graphics when I bought it. UG-LY IMHO. It's now on the Merrimack River near Boston. For more about that boat, see "Meanwhile".

My '72 CC is being rebuilt with similar styling in mind. I'm not much for originality. i.e., here's my Model "A" Ford

On the other hand, I love old boats and admire the wonderful restorations done by friends. (Gar Woods, Shepherds, Centuries, etc., etc.)

BTW, that Table Rock meet was the annual ACBS meeting. This year (2015) it will be held in Minnesota. 2015 ACBS Meet & Show

And Pete, it only rained lightly for about an hour at the very beginning of our first daily cruise.
-=Grant MacLaren=-
Retired Expert
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2015 at 6:16am
Beautiful boat. I'll bet there's always Grey Poupon on board.

GMacLaren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMacLaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2015 at 7:07pm
Just viewed a 6-minute youtube video of the 2012 ACBS show at Table Rock. Of course, I liked it because it contains a 10-second clip of my Resorter. (See 2:04 - 2:14.)

2012 ACBS Show

-=Grant=-
-=Grant MacLaren=-
Retired Expert
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2015 at 7:34pm
Thanks Grant.
Bucket list entries
Go back to Table Rock this, time with Mustang, and tear up some water and the music on that video with 3" open exhausts while blaring Motley Crüe.
Go to SJRR with Mustang
Go to Green Lake reunion with Mustang
Visit Fingerlakes with Mustang

Note to self, finish Mustang.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2015 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

tear up some water and the music on that video with 3" open exhausts

John,
I don't know but I think there are several boats in that group that could beat the stangs sound levels!

Grant,
That's for the video. It sure confirms the turnout was great.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 1:43am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

tear up some water and the music on that video with 3" open exhausts

John,
I don't know but I think there are several boats in that group that could beat the stangs sound levels!

Grant,
That's for the video. It sure confirms the turnout was great.

I won't disargue with that Pete. One of the loudest boats on our chain is an old Hacker, pre-war I'm sure, about 30' in length. I have no idea what pushes it but there is a lot of mechanical noise audible in addition to the exhaust note. It gives me ample warning to be on the dock to watch it pass.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 8:07am

One of the loudest boats on our chain is an old Hacker, pre-war I'm sure, about 30' in length. I have no idea what pushes it but there is a lot of mechanical noise audible in addition to the exhaust note.

If I had to guess, it may be a Liberty.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

One of the loudest boats on our chain is an old Hacker, pre-war I'm sure, about 30' in length. I have no idea what pushes it but there is a lot of mechanical noise audible in addition to the exhaust note.

If I had to guess, it may be a Liberty.

I believe you are right Pete. I searched for Liberty engines and found a few on YouTube. The V12 with exposed pushrods /rockers / tappets sounds like said Hacker. So nice!

bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2016 at 1:59pm

Yes, not built up with business on the lake. Very clear water, no weeds and lots of trees and hills. It is a State of MO lake. However Branson is 20 miles or less depending on where your at on the water. I am currently having a 88 SN refurbished. It was a emotional purchase at Christmas this year. I grew up in the summers in northern In. around the chain of lakes. Webster, Barbee Ect. My best buddy's dad always provided us with a 1 year old hand me down( he got the new one) and we ran the lake from the time we were 13 till I graduated HS. The last boat we never got to use was a 1988 White & ice blue with a navy accent stripe. My buddy's dad passed away right before Christmas and when going back for the funeral I was passing time at the hotel on found the boat on CL. I bought a 2 owner exact match with all the original documents and it was even sold at the same dealer! I knew it was waiting for me!!!

Anyway would love to make the trip but depending on $ it takes to fix her up it might have to wait till next year. We already have a free place to stay at TableRock so I am looking for a few Nautiquer's to hang for a sunny day.

D&C,
I know this thread is old, but I'll be there twice this summer with my '89. Been going to Table Rock since I was a kid. We stay in the Shell Knob area...I too have wondered if there are any other CCfan members who frequent Table Rock. How is your '88 coming along- post some pics!
gilbejx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gilbejx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2016 at 12:42am
Hello, would love to have a correct craft meet up. I live in Springfield and down at Table Rock throughout the summer.

I have a 1973 Martinique,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic