Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SKI TIQUE HELP

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tiqueman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiqueman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SKI TIQUE HELP
    Posted: February-16-2015 at 11:21am
I am restoring an 1980 ski tique and I need to paint the stripes on my boat. The originals were painted over and I need measurements or a stencils so that i can replicate them. If anyone has the name of the original font to the SKI TIQUE, or the measurements or a stencils it would help. please let me know.
thanks
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2015 at 12:01pm
Greg,
There wasn't a standard font for the hull side graphics. Have you seen the responce from your first post? It would be better if you kept your need for graphic help all in one thread. It would avoid confusion.

Are we going to see any pictures of the project? We love them! Were stringers needed?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
tiqueman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiqueman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2015 at 2:00pm
sorry about the confusion I am still figuring this out. The stringers were replaced on the boat before I bought it. The outside of the boat was beat up so I fixed all of the holes and the scratches in the hull and I had the boat painted and the dash gel coated. It had stickers for stripes and lettering on the side when I bought. So I did not have the painted stripes or lettering to work with. I have been able to find a person who can put on custom decals on as long as I have measurements from an original. I have a limited budget to work with and yes I will post pics when I get a chance.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2015 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by tiqueman tiqueman wrote:

I have been able to find a person who can put on custom decals on as long as I have measurements from an original.

I thought you said you were doing a restoration! So, how close to the original did he say he could get? Is he planning on starting with a digital photo and adjusting for the curvature of the hull sides? Did he mention making a paint mask for you? A common brand is Gerber.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
tiqueman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiqueman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2015 at 4:58pm
we have taken photos from the internet and have adjusted them to the curve of the boat. If I had some measurements from an original then I am sure that I could get the decals to look like an original. I have not thought about doing an out line so that I can paint.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2015 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by tiqueman tiqueman wrote:

I have not thought about doing an out line so that I can paint.

This is a great option if you want a true restoration. The PO of my Tique used vinyl and I have to look at it every time I use the boat! One of these days I'll pull it off and get the paint out!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2015 at 7:07pm
Pete, how do you sleep at night?
Tim D
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 1:31am
No kidding. Shame on you Pete. Non-original Boat Hack.

Waldo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic