NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

walking dead

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: walking dead
    Posted: February-13-2015 at 11:59pm
Any Walking Dead fans on here? Thrilled to see the latest episode filmed here (yet once again) in Peachtree City GA.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2015 at 12:07am
My mom loves that show (probably more than me). I slowly stopped watching it, but when I'm not doing anything I'll watch it with her.
1972 Mustang
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2015 at 1:22am
Cool. Then she must know Woodbury, that's actually Senoia GA which is the primary set for WD. It's cool, all the barriers and walls are up and there are little signs up saying "Stalwart Films thanks Senoia for not cutting the grass". Presumably since landscaping would not be a priority during a zombie apocalypse

My son lives there, it's just across the creek from Peachtree City. South AtLanta is the new Hol l y wood, always filming something around here. Check out the new Marvel flick Ant Men just finished at the new Pinewood Studio here. My neighbor met Michael Douglas at the PTC Airshow, he stayed here during filming. Or maybe you are too young to know him? How about Shia LeBouf, you know him? He hung out here at Starbucks when filming a movie with Robert Duvall. My daughter's friends met him and said he's a real jerk. Ashton Kutsher lived here for a few months filming and went to the ice cream shop a lot and bought ice cream for all the kids, he is a real good guy. They also filmed Hunger Games nearby, at your age you gotta like those movies I bet.

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2015 at 8:24am
Huge WD fan here. Last episode was just OK. Didn't really care for the artsy aspect of the episode, but I felt it was fitting considering we lost Tyrese.

If you haven't read the comics, I must say, you should. Very different, but so much better than the show.

Fun fact, Tyrese died a while ago in the comics. It was his head that was cut off by the governor at the prison siege, not Herschel's.

Comics are currently at issue 137, TV series is about half way there.

Check out the comic to show comparison here
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2015 at 9:16am
The actor who played hershell got a DWI here in PTC, according to the paper he did yoga moves on the roadside to try to prove he was sober. It didn't work...

We met one of the assistant directors, had them over for some beers. He said people are leaving LA for Atlanta cause there's more film work here than there.

I don't know how I got the little faces at the bottom of my post, must have hit the wrong keys.
will try the comics.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2015 at 9:41am
If you decide to try the comics from the beginning, go with the Compendiums. It's the cheapest way to get them in large chunks. There are 3 presently.

Some differences between the comic and show:

1) Daryl doesn't exist in the comics.

2) The pairing of people is different as well. Rick is currently banging   Andrea (she's not dead yet). She was originally banging Dale.

3) Rick has been missing an appendage (won't say what) for quite some time due to his run in with the governor.

4) The whole Atlanta hospital thing never happened, among other things.

5) The comics version of the cannibals is way better than the show.

I have no idea how they are going to do the next villain as every word out his mouth is the F word. His name is Negan and he makes the governor look like Mother Theresa.

They are currently dealing with the third villain and it just got crazy.

We should be seeing some new characters in the show and I'm sure it will end with them maing it to DC and finding something "new".

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2015 at 9:48am
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

I don't know how I got the little faces at the bottom of my post, must have hit the wrong keys.
will try the comics.

Jeff,
It's not a key for the emoticons. Click on the icon above your post or to the side.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2015 at 11:11am
Interesting no daryl in the comics.Norman Reedus (daryl) rides his motorcycle around here and is apparently a really friendly guy, quick to do a selfie with anyone who asks.

I read he rides it to the set and his thing is taking photos of road kills along the way, a bit odd. If he's looking for photos of dead armadillos he's come to the right place, see them all the time.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2015 at 11:26am
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

I read he rides it to the set and his thing is taking photos of road kills along the way, a bit odd. If he's looking for photos of dead armadillos he's come to the right place, see them all the time.

While I don't take photos of road kill, that's a bit weird, but I do always count and check out road kill when driving. My wife (and others) think I'm crazy because I always keep a bow saw, blanket, and tarp in our vehicles. I've more than once sawed antlers off a buck to use for rattling in the next season and you never know when that trophy is hit and is going to the taxidermist!

I also have an undiagnosed disorder where I find and collect gas cans that blow out of trucks. 6 lanes over in the opposite direction? Im making a uturn. My shed is overflowing with gas cans.

Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2015 at 1:03pm
Love WD
Only thing I did not understand during season 1&2 they were always lacking ammo and real guns.
Comon, this is Georgia! We would have zombies bagged up fast...
1994 Sport Nautique
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2015 at 10:59am
Got our second Walking Dead actor DUI here in Peachtree City Sunday night...

Seth Gilliam, who plays the black preacher, got DUI, Possession (joint in his cigarette pack) and 107mph in a 55.. Nope, not a typo, that's 107, and it's not an interstate, just a divided four-lane, I travel it everyday. 107, holy crap!
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic