Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A New Ski Season Is Ahead - How Will You Prepare?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A New Ski Season Is Ahead - How Will You Prepare?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 9:33pm
Tell my pager, my kids and my clients that...... I guess I could, then I couldn't afford these boats. Tough one.

Exactly what I was saying..... me first. That is not how it's been.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

This isn't communist China man. Your schedule is your schedule.

Ha ha, nope, for the most part it's not. And to tell you the truth I like it that way, wouldn't trade the family commitments for anything!

Which, by the way, isn't my excuse for not working out and not losing weight. I can make it fit my schedule, just have a hard time making it a priority. Starting now I'll start training a bit for an event I have coming up, and that should help with ski season as well, but without a goal in sight I really struggle to take the time to work out regularly.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 10:05pm
Making it a priority is the hard part, I get it.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 10:10pm
The hardest thing is getting the exercise into your daily routine.

What works for me is going to gym everyday at 5:30 pm straight from work. Pack gym bag in the morning so you do not have to travel back home to get changed and somehow find a excuse not to go.

I do not get to gym everyday but if I miss one due to work commitments. Somehow I feel guilty for not getting there. Then have to work harder and longer at next session.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Tell my pager....

Steve,

You looked great when I saw you last month. Stop worrying about numbers and just be active to live and feel good. "Fit" comes in many different shapes and sizes.

I think your real problem is that you still think it's 1986 and still carry a pager. A friendly warning for you is that next year in 1987, there will be a huge savings and loan scandal. Move your money now.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2015 at 12:33am
I just got back from the Gym tonight and I am down 22 lbs. I even saw 24 lbs down last week. I have had some long work hours (Driving) this week that have kept me out of the Gym for the last five or so days.

I have seemed to broken past the wall for now and have been seeing six night each week in the gym since October.   

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2015 at 12:38am
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Donald I am about ready to come after that second job of yours

Greg,

When we are at White Lake and after I have had a few beers, let me borrow your beach towel and I will teach you my signature move that drives the Chubby Chasers Crazy. I will try not to leave a skid mark on the towel.

Donald
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2015 at 1:42am
Damn Donald you have been working on those moves I taught you!
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2015 at 6:09am
Greg and Donald, awesome work! you guys are going to have to re-learn to drive your boats without them pulling to the right
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2015 at 11:14pm
And Kristin comes in second for her group
Sue and I set personal best times this morning

[/IMG]
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2015 at 10:01am
Yesterday was the first time on the water and oh man what a difference. From putting on the BF suit to skiing to taking the suit off. Amazing what the absence of the additional #'s will do.
Proves to be an additional motivator to keep this journey up.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 11:44am
Good work Greg et all, you guys look great but more important is I can imagine how great you feel. It's like being 10 years younger.

I hit a milestone today, I have officially lost 30 lbs since Feb 1. Now residing at 184, I'd like to hit 180 and stay there. I've lost 4 inches on my waistline, yikes! Switched my diet and workout routine from cardio/weight loss to strength training now. Hill climbing on the eliptical and Piyo which looks easy but kicks your butt. Feeling great and hustling around like a kid again. Should be skiing in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to hit the water.

Crazy thing is I was on the road yesterday and when lunch time came around I really had to struggle to find something good to eat. There is so much crap out there it's mind blowing but you can eat properly once you actually know what that means.   Finally have a made a commitment to myself to never get that out of shape again. No excuses.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Good work Greg et all, you guys look great but more important is I can imagine how great you feel. It's like being 10 years younger.

I hit a milestone today, I have officially lost 30 lbs since Feb 1. Now residing at 184, I'd like to hit 180 and stay there. I've lost 4 inches on my waistline, yikes! Switched my diet and workout routine from cardio/weight loss to strength training now. Hill climbing on the eliptical and Piyo which looks easy but kicks your butt. Feeling great and hustling around like a kid again. Should be skiing in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to hit the water.

Crazy thing is I was on the road yesterday and when lunch time came around I really had to struggle to find something good to eat. There is so much crap out there it's mind blowing but you can eat properly once you actually know what that means.   Finally have a made a commitment to myself to never get that out of shape again. No excuses.

Great news!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 1:19pm

I hit a milestone today, I have officially lost 30 lbs since Feb 1.

30 lbs. in around 75 days???!!! That's amazing!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

I hit a milestone today, I have officially lost 30 lbs since Feb 1.

30 lbs. in around 75 days???!!! That's amazing!

Without blowing my own horn, Yes it is thanks. I've always been lucky that even at 55 my body still responds to exercise and diet as quickly as it responds to neglect! LOL so if I commit to something I get results. Not everyone is that lucky so I won't take advantage of that again. Don't know how many chances you get to turn the clock back.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 2:54pm
My 53 year old body is responding well to diet. I'm eating a lot and maintaining my too-high weight!

I'm starting to pick up the pace, modifying my diet isn't too hard for me, regular exercise is a challenge once the leagues I play in end. I need to get in shape and drop a few lbs. for an event I'm training for, not to mention just for summer fun. You guys are inspiring!
MustangMadness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMadness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

My 53 year old body is responding well to diet. I'm eating a lot and maintaining my too-high weight!

I'm starting to pick up the pace, modifying my diet isn't too hard for me, regular exercise is a challenge once the leagues I play in end. I need to get in shape and drop a few lbs. for an event I'm training for, not to mention just for summer fun. You guys are inspiring!

I'm getting another chance to remember the 60's...
I like a 6' beam on a small lake... My Muscleboat
1975 Mustang 225 307RH
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 12:02pm
Greg, great work and thanks for starting this topic and reminding us to get into shape!
While I haven't lost a lot of lbs, I lost inches around the waist.
And without the workout, the last 2 days at WBC would have been brutal...
Now only the sole on my feet are sore, not the rest of me!
1994 Sport Nautique
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 12:26pm
Great seeing the successes at White Lake:

Greg and Kristen look GREAT!
I was able to ski and foil without respiratory distress (major excitement)
Donald is flying high on the weight loss bandwagon, too!

While I was delicious food binging at the WL gathering on Saturday night, it was awesome to hear Greg encouraging me to try the salad and Donald absolutely FREAKING OUT as I applied butter to my salt potato.

Well done friends, well done! We are going to be a better looking bunch that we already are (hard to imagine, I know!)
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Well done friends, well done! We are going to be a better looking bunch that we already are (hard to imagine, I know!)

Here, here.

I realized a couple of weeks ago I have a few winter pounds I need to lose; my pants were feeling snug and I hopped on the scale. Wow, it jumps on fast. I need to be more regular with my running and more careful with my choices.

You guys are definitely motivating me, and I can't wait to see you all in person.    
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic