NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Central Florida NWZ's....

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Central Florida NWZ's....
    Posted: January-26-2015 at 8:54pm
I was wondering if one of you guys would be willing to pull me a few times on a ski so I can get an idea on the wake of a NWZ. I can meet you at your gas station and fill up the tank and cooler beforehand.

It's time for me to part with $ and buy a flatter wake boat. My budget is putting me in a NWZ to maybe TSC1. I'm finding a few super clean NWZ's (my #1 choice) but the sellers are asking almost TSC1 prices. If I'm spending top $ for a NWZ I wanna feel the wake first.

JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2015 at 10:11pm
I'm dropping our boat off for new carpet and some other tweaks this Sunday. I'll be more than happy to give you a pull when I get her back. I'm gonna need to burn up the fuel that's been sitting for the past few weeks.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2015 at 8:14am
Thanks! I really appreciate it. Who's doing the carpet?
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2015 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Orlando76 Orlando76 wrote:

Thanks! I really appreciate it. Who's doing the carpet?

Same lady who did my interior. She's also replacing two panels on the doghouse that got torn when a wakeboard fell off the rack last summer. Also putting a zipper in the bimini to make room for the fly high to poke through and some fixes to our cover. Should have it back after a week or two.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2015 at 11:17am
Not to dismiss JPASS, but I'm surprised Smithfamily has not replied yet, and there was also a young guy with a nice blue 93? at SJRR in '13. In central Florida you shouldn't have a problem finding a pull behind any Nautique!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2015 at 12:17pm
No good deed goes unpunished and not to dismiss JP as well, ski his or anybody else's but don't forgo skiing a boat you are ready to purchase.

Curious about something, 90-92 NWZ will have wood stringers, 93-96 will be composite, is wet foam and added weight a concern for all years excluding the obvious structural rot concerns?
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2015 at 12:27pm
That was a question I was going to ask CQ in a thread. At my skill level, I won't see a diff in wake bt 92 & 93 but as far as structure goes, what concerns are there with a 93 and foam?

And the boat I'm really interested in is a '93 in NC, this FL boy isn't going to ski NC anytime soon.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2015 at 12:38pm
Not sure if the '93s have wood in front of the pylon, but if they did, that would be your only concern when it comes to rot. Stringers will never be an issue. Water soaked foam can still be an issue in regards to adding weight only.

Info I wish I knew prior to buying our '92. Our next boat will preferably have no wood whatsoever in it.

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2015 at 12:46pm
I don't know the answer, has the foam used ever changed to where it will not absorb water, and if so when?

Every SN I have skied is weight sensitive, spent 11 yrs skiing the 93' Paragon and was really surprised the first time I skied behind a 93' SN at how much better the wake was without all the wood and bling.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic