NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sad night

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sad night
    Posted: January-22-2015 at 1:00pm
Last night we said goodbye to our 16 year old fur baby. We let her outside to do her business, and I went to check on her a few minutes later. I found her laying on her side, mostly lifeless. I picked her up and held her...she was barely breathing and I could feel a faint heartbeat. I just held her and our whole family gathered round and told her we love her and that it was OK. She whined a couple times and settled in to my arms. We all bawled our eyes out last night. We love our little girl and we're going to miss her, but glad she decided kind of on her own terms that it was time.

Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 1:29pm
I'm sorry to hear that. Amazing how 4 legged furry farts become family. We have two, no doubt they are our best friends.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 1:37pm
Andy,
I feel for you and your family. The Brainard family has been through it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 1:40pm
Aww no! At least it seemed peaceful for the pup. 16 is quite a run. I didn't get to go with Sadie the day we had to take her in but my mom stayed in the room with her and saw her out. Sadie made it 14 years. Spend that much time with something human or not and you get more attached than you'll know.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 1:58pm
We are so fortunate to be able to see into the Heart of God's creation by building loving bonds with pets.

Our thoughts are with you in this sad time.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 2:12pm
We've been down that road too many times ourselves, it's always difficult. These darn animals become a part of you and it sure hurts to part with them. It's amazing how they touch you, the bond I had with several of our dogs made me a better person, crazy isn't it. Be thankful for the gift, Thoughts for all of you.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 2:53pm
Thoughts and prayers headed your way. Man that is one of those really tough times, hate that part of having pets...
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 2:58pm
So sorry for your loss. One of our little guys is pushing 16. Dreading the day he leaves us.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 3:24pm
That's Ruff, sorry for your loss.

When we lost our previous Lab my daughter was only 6, bought her the book "Dog Heaven" and it really helped her feel better, great if you have younger kids.
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 3:32pm
Sorry to hear that Zach. Been in the same spot as you a few times ourselves. It's tough.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 8:04pm
Sorry to read that Andy. We just lost Sydney, a 17 year old Rat Terrier. I like big dogs, not small "yappy" ones. She was the best dog EVER.
Js
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 9:29pm
Very Sad..... they do become family members.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 10:03pm
They just can't speak .. Rest in peace ..
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 10:32pm
That is a very tough day. They do worm their way into your heart. Sorry for your loss.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 10:37pm
Sucks big time but he did you a solid going on his own. Our last one did that, helped him out at 0300 and he was in bad shape and I said to myself "SH1t.. John, you have to end this today.Take him in and get it done" 0500 I wake up to find him gone. Chancy was the best damn dog and I miss him dearly. 14 years at 95 lbs is rare. Living on love I figure. Still the greatest favor he ever did me was not making me put him down. You will be OK Okie.. hurts like hell though.. God speed your little fur ball.
I suggest you read "Racing In The Rain" by Garth Stein. It will brighten your whole life and you will never look at your dog in the same way again...

Did you know that a dog is last step in re-incarnation before becoming a man?
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 11:01pm
Sorry to hear of your loss. Our lab has been gone almost 3 years but I think of him every day.
Google "The Rainbow Bridge"
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2015 at 11:36pm
Sorry for your lost. They are truly part of the family. I still think about my 5 year old boxer passing away a couple of years ago. We still talk about it with the family and will never be forgotten. May your dog rest in peace. Take care.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2015 at 12:57am
Sorry to hear of your loss. It was just about a year ago our Charlie died. You don't realize how much a member of the family they are until they are gone. It hit me real hard when he died. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2015 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Sorry to read that Andy. We just lost Sydney, a 17 year old Rat Terrier. I like big dogs, not small "yappy" ones. She was the best dog EVER.

Came to Debs Clinic with a broken leg (BIG owner lady stepped on!!)She did surgery and fixed her, the lady had no money to pay! She kept her. 17 years. I hope that gets a smile for you.
Js
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2015 at 10:44am
Face it....a pet IS a member of the family and so of the CCFans who bring their four legged Family members are just a part of them as those who bring them....Boaty, Skipper, Wrigley, Tique just to name a few and when Reid lost Boaty many of us hurt with him.

Sad to hear about a member of the family passing. I now that when my 26lb cat who thinks he's a dog dies, I will be hurting like no end. Yeah, this particular mans best friend is a Cat.....

Sorry for your loss!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2015 at 12:37pm
Andy,
I grew up in a Catholic home but I never really fit in. I do fancy myself a good Christian though.
Anyway as a young boy I went to catechism , a Nun asked if you could ask God 1 question what would it be? I have the same question today at age 59   -   “Can’t you let dogs live a little longer?"
                                                                                   Andy -
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2015 at 2:59pm
Thanks all...appreciate all the thoughts and stories. It's been a numbing couple of days, and we'll miss her. We know she is in a better place now and she isn't suffering at all. Old age had been taking its toll.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2015 at 9:25pm
sorry for your loss Okie...lost my Ms Mindy to a stroke just the same way...Christmas evening..many years ago & it still puts a lump in my throat.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2015 at 10:26pm
Well Andy, I first replied to your loss saying we have two dogs and we're now down to one. So we're in the same boat. Sad night led to a sad day which will lead to more sad days.

Morfoot,
When I moved from home we had a cat who took to me for some reason. He was a big guy. He stayed with my parents for a few months and they finally said I had to come get him bc he was lost without me. LOL, I was probably the only bachelor in his 20's with a cat. He was a good guy.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2015 at 2:27pm
Todd,

Sorry to hear that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic