NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'71 Mustang Pylon

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '71 Mustang Pylon
    Posted: December-29-2014 at 10:42pm
Looking for the correct pylon for the '71 Mustang. Who has one in the corner they are willing to part with to help keep this close to original?
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2014 at 11:25pm
Don't know if they are the same Greg but there is one out of a 69 Cuda on ebay
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2015 at 12:33am
I have one out of a 68 cud a for sale too. Mine is not on eBay.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2015 at 7:42am
Scott
Can you send me some pictures and what you are asking for it?
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2015 at 12:29am
Yes I can. IT will be Friday evening or Saturday before I can get them for you.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 10:53am
Talk to me Scott
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 10:57am
Greg, Scott's pylon will look mostly correct but it will have the same issue as the reasonably priced '69 pylon on eBay. They added a slight bend at the floor that year- and you'll need that if you want the original bench seat to fit. Not an issue if you go with non-original buckets.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 5:15pm
Thanks Tim. The current thought is to keep the bench seat although it will be tight for yours truly but will be about right for Kristin
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 5:47pm
Could a machine shop put the correct bend in the pylon? You may have to bring it to one to get the ring and finger out for chroming. Maybe they could put a bend in it, if someone had the correct pylon that they could measure. We've been trying to get the ring and finger out of one of those and it ain't easy. We don't need the pylon anymore, so we've given up, but it is locked in there.
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2015 at 10:22pm
I will see if I have any other pylons and let you know.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2015 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Could a machine shop put the correct bend in the pylon? You may have to bring it to one to get the ring and finger out for chroming. Maybe they could put a bend in it,

The key to bending is the needed tooling. Anyone with a press break or even a hydraulic press could do it. Since the tooling wouldn't be for production, it could be fabricated by welding pipe sections of the proper inside diameter.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic