NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winter Progress

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2015 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

Thanks for that link Gary. Have you had any issue using gel past the 3 month recommended shelf life using this stuff? I was a little optimistic on my 67 project and tried to save on shipping so I already have my gel. I think I'll buy a can on this stuff and spray it in the 5 gallon pale.

I have not opened or used any in a year Craig but I just went out and looked,I have a date on the gel can of '09. So as of March of '14 it still was ok. I know it's pushing it if you go by the supplier recommended good by date! Using bloxygen on paint,it never leaves a skin on the remainder like what happens after not using it either
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2015 at 12:59pm
Welp, all went as planned last night. I installed the Dizzy properly and did my firing order a while ago. Slightly advanced it with my eye and what do you know it fired on the first try. I snorted a little carb cleaner in it and it had instant fire. After I put fuel in the tank I was within 100 rpms of my normal idle setting, Moved the timing a little by eye and all was well. The only leak I had was the stupid bolts on the fuel pump that hold the upper and lower half together. I tightened those, filled the transmission (Forgot) and torqued the exhaust manifold bolts and off we went.

It made a little hydraulic noise (probably transmission bleeding air internally) and a few ticks here and there but as soon as it was at O temp everything was quite and normal. Only water leak was the shaft packing probably because I disturbed it from the removal over the winter.

My port side airguide is filling with water so I need to address that but everything went surprisingly well with the scope of work that was completed.

Sorry the vids are so dark, I forgot transmission fluid and stuff to torque the exhaust manifolds/tighten the pump bolts so I had to run back to home base.

Video 1

Video 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic