NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Selling my Supra **SOLD**

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selling my Supra **SOLD**
    Posted: December-17-2014 at 12:16am
So, we decided it was time to move to a different stage in our lives and we're selling the boat.

Here is the CL ad:

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/boa/4808718326.html
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2014 at 12:24am
Andy,
After all the work you put into it? Well, I do know it gave you and family plenty of joy. Remember the times.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2014 at 1:18am
Yeah, it would be nice to keep it, but at the same time we are ready for a new stage in our lives.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2014 at 1:47am
Great looking boat!! Looks like you did a VERY professional job on the restoration. Always thought the Supra's looked cool. I'll never forget the first TSM6 I saw in the mid-80's. A whole new sexy look for ski boats.

Those big Supra's have a relatively flat transom compared to the similar CC Southwind's and Martiniques of the day. How is the ski wake?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2014 at 11:00am
Wow, hard to part with the boat for sure after completely rebuilding it from scratch.. Good luck.. Hope you get what you need out of it.. Its beautiful!!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2014 at 12:24pm
davidg, ski wake is pretty good. I'm not a skier, so I couldn't say for sure, but I know when we run at ski speeds with no ballast it is pretty flat.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2015 at 10:36pm
Boat is sold.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2015 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Okie Boarder Okie Boarder wrote:

Boat is sold.

Andy,
As part of your sales pitch, you did mention the work you did as well as the thread you posted on the job correct?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2015 at 10:49pm
Yes, I made sure it was clear about all the work that was put into her. The buyer definitely knew all the value in the rebuild, tower, etc. We spent a lot of time going over everything today, including a good lake test and he even rode behind the boat. It seems like he is passionate about boating and wake boarding, plus he has younger kids, so the boat is going on to make many memories with another family. I couldn't ask for better and so happy to see her going to someone that will get joy from the life that was breathed back into her. It was very hard to see her driving away, but it's time to move on to another chapter of our lives and we're glad to see her go to a family that will enjoy it.
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2015 at 1:24am
I didn't even get to check it out .
1972 Mustang
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2015 at 9:46am
Pete, something interesting happened on our lake test...maybe you can shed some light on it. We had run around the lake a bit then sat idling. Water temp was in the low 40 range. The engine kind of had a lobe to the idle between 500 and 900 rpm. The buyer' friend has a 99 Air Nautique with the same PCM 351 motor and he said his does the same thing in cold water. Have you had that happen before?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2015 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Chevy350 Chevy350 wrote:

I didn't even get to check it out .

LOL, you should have been quicker, I guess.
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2015 at 11:17am
new stage in life?? a "non boating stage"
gotta be tough to let that go after all the work you put in...
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2015 at 1:50pm

Pete, something interesting happened on our lake test...maybe you can shed some light on it. We had run around the lake a bit then sat idling. Water temp was in the low 40 range. The engine kind of had a lobe to the idle between 500 and 900 rpm. The buyer' friend has a 99 Air Nautique with the same PCM 351 motor and he said his does the same thing in cold water. Have you had that happen before?

Andy,
Did you happen to notice the engine temp? If low, maybe the T stat isn't closing? However, it's funny how two engines do the same. I don't know but maybe enough cold water is getting to the engine? I hope others will comment. HW? You ski in real cold water.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 12:33am
Okie,

Even though you sold the boat please do not become a stranger.

Donald
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 6:19am
I've never had an engine run or idle poorly because of cold water. I'd have to suspect old/bad gas or in need of a new cap.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 8:31am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Andy,
Did you happen to notice the engine temp? If low, maybe the T stat isn't closing? However, it's funny how two engines do the same.

It sure would be a coincidence if both stats were stuck but I've been around enough vintage engines without any thermostatic control to know cold water does make a difference.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by MI-nick MI-nick wrote:

new stage in life?? a "non boating stage"
gotta be tough to let that go after all the work you put in...

Yeah, it was tough.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Andy,
Did you happen to notice the engine temp? If low, maybe the T stat isn't closing? However, it's funny how two engines do the same. I don't know but maybe enough cold water is getting to the engine? I hope others will comment. HW? You ski in real cold water.

The temp was bouncing around in the normal range, you could see it rise, the kick down when the thermostat open.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Okie,

Even though you sold the boat please do not become a stranger.

Donald

Of course not.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic