Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stumbling out of idle

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
spiralhelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2015 at 12:49pm
Thanks Tom and Brian! I think the gaskets are in the same category as motor oil. everyone seems to have their way that works    I really want to be on the water Thursday, so I will probably just use the sequence I posted above, if I have troubles, I'll get another 4 hole gasket. The 4 hole make sense below the spacer as it does divert the returned exhaust at the rear of the spacer to the front primary holes. I'm assuming the reason the right gasket would be fine for the carb to spacer gasket is because the fuel/air is simply being pushed/pulled straight down and if it does shift to the secondary side (without a gasket barrier) it still ends up in the same place. Based on that logic, i could see the middle gasket being used at the carb/spacer location with the "mouth" on the secondary side. As you can tell, I'm a bigger fan of knowing the logic and mechanisms of how these things work.

Tonight, I'll have the pleasure of putting back on the VCs, Ex. Manifolds, and the carb (thankfully i didn't remove the risers and those received new gaskets last spring).

-Spiral
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic