NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'71 Mustang Followed Me Home

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2014 at 4:35pm
How rough does it idle? Depending on what you are experiencing it may be normal. These do not purr like a kitten at idle.
H/M 289 idling

302 H/M idling
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2014 at 5:49pm
I would be willing to bet the oil sprayed into the cylinders burned off in the first 10 minutes of running
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2014 at 6:21pm
The idling is such that must work the throttle quickly when going in gear or it will stall out. It is not without the occasional backfire / sputter but is smooth like a top @3500 rpm
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2014 at 6:51pm
Carb rebuild and ignition tuneup time then!

49 on the GPS is as strong as any of them, next time wring it out like you mean it! See if you can get the last digit off the prop size, most likely a 12RH14 (12x14) but would be good to confirm. Reid may have an oj for you but the acme (1210) will most likely be the best performer.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2014 at 9:32pm
sounds like bad/water gas or dirty carb,i have seen a lot of red slime in carbs in the last couple of yrs also check the distributer advance weights /springs to see if they are sticking.
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2014 at 10:12pm
Tim / Peter
I am sure the carb can use some help (rebuild) after sitting for a couple of years (doubt the PO drained / fogged). As far as fuel goes at this point I am running out of a 5 gallon can with 1/4" fuel line tied into the fuel pump.

As far as running it out I am trying not to blow it up.......need to do something better than a bucket for a seat as well.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2015 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Giving this another go

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2015 at 8:52pm
What a great boat! Just a matter of time before you give the keys to the '05 to Kristin.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2015 at 10:17pm
I'm in love!

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2015 at 3:39pm
Greg,

You sure are blowing the Cobb Webs out of that old girl. Thanks for the tour of Badin Lake .

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2015 at 4:50pm
John B - me too

Donald,
Trying to. Think that I am going to see if I can pimp some tuning / carb rebuild help prof to White Lake or I may bring along some goodies and see if I can get some lessons from those in the know....
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2015 at 6:16pm
Greg, after watching your video far too many times it's clear that the performance of a H/M Mustang in completely stock trim is more than adequate for anything I want to do. That thing is a terror, and the sound! I can only imagine what yours will be like when properly tuned. I thought it would perform pretty well but I had no idea.

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2015 at 3:28pm
That's awesome. There was a point around 7:55, where I thought it was already at full throttle, then there was another level. Really cool.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic