NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1987 SN 2001 Trailer Jack

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1987 SN 2001 Trailer Jack
    Posted: November-25-2014 at 7:55pm
The jack on the boat trailer is in need of replacing. By the pictures is this the type of trailer jack mounting that the trailer would have come with?

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2014 at 8:08pm
Yes
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2014 at 8:14pm
Thanks. I might move the new one to the outside frame rail so I could get a swing up jack.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2014 at 7:54am
Keep the old one... Or sell it here- I know a few people looking for original equipment like that jack.
newscotty2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newscotty2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2014 at 10:48am
If you change an outside frame mount, get one with double wheels. I have this set up and it is much stronger and easier to manuver than the single wheel types.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2014 at 11:01am
I don't know if it's my imagination but I swear that the side mount on my #2 puts a twist the frame. Looking forward to installing Marty's creation
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2014 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I don't know if it's my imagination but I swear that the side mount on my #2 puts a twist the frame.

Gary,
It's not your imagination. The side mounts do twist frames.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2014 at 1:49pm
No twist on my 4" 1988 #3 trailer. The original jacks don't last forever I replaced mine with a beefy Fulton swing mount on the side and haven't looked back. You can probably squeeze a replacement in the middle again anyway if you don't mind cranking, cranking and cranking...
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2014 at 7:46pm
Thinking about adding the Fulton F2 Twin Track with a weld on bracket.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2014 at 8:10pm
Think again.
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2014 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

[QUOTE=Gary S] I don't know if it's my imagination but I swear that the side mount on my #2 puts a twist the frame.

Gary,
It's not your imagination. The side mounts do twis.

Yup. I lower mine onto a cinder block and then loosen the crank a few turns to release the tension. Tounge fits perfectly into the concave end of the block, but neither of mine are cc trailers

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2014 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Think again.

About what?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2014 at 11:37pm
I have one of those it came on my 2013 Phoenix trailer. It seems ok but the clip that keeps the crank handle in place when not in use fails at times
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2014 at 12:35am
Originally posted by leetudor leetudor wrote:

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Think again.

About what?

Originally posted by leetudor leetudor wrote:

Thinking about adding the Fulton F2 Twin Track with a weld on bracket.

1600 lb. capacity?? Wow, that sure is more than's needed.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2014 at 12:51am
Yep, sure will make it easy to crank and maneuver the trailer around.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic