NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What an adventure! 75 Ski Nautique.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 12:31am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

holy cow..great story...great lookin' boat. how can you beat the price.

was on the lake today..sweet set-up you have there!

john

We heard you out there Jbear, but we had to run to practice. I am getting the grounds ready for "Wrecking Crew Re Do".
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 12:49am
saw the boys down by the dock. thought I saw your new practice boat leaving. just gotta love your wife!
been a little talk about Wrecking Crew 2. of course will let you know when I know more.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 1:39am
Score!
This is the life
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 12:23pm
good work tom. I've said it before and I'll say it again, nothing beats the look of that boat on the water. personal bias? maybe.

so here's the thing about the rope guard real... it doesn't seem strong enough to pull yourself up on, but we did on my dad's for nearly 30 years. then my dad wised up and picked up one on the little stainless grab bars from white lake and slapped it on the transom. not original but he loves it. no more pressure on the rope guard. if you want my dad's number shoot me a text, I know he'd love to talk about it, haha.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 1:46pm
Well, IAughtNaut is right, as a former Bartlett guy('71 Dells, '72 water front director Sea World of Ohio), I have a lot of EP's ,etc, memories. The little handle I put on was just above the Correct Craft wording on the stearn, Wish it had happen much earlier. I also had a permanent platform installed. Later converted it to removable. Something my wife appreciates, since I put the platform through the dining room wall (only six times) storing it in the winter in the carport. The windshield removal was simple. Putting it back on was an adventure. The CCFans that know me know how inept and mechanically challenged I am, so no kneed to go into that hole. I you have any question I would share my "Homemade" remedies from manufacturing usable hardware to installation (not recommended for a solo job. Send me a PM If you like. Great story.
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Congrats on the purchase, looks to me like a pretty incredible value at that price!

On your blower, since you have the rear vents can you fish a blower exhaust hose to the base of one of them? If so that's all you need, you can mount the blower so the intake is low in the engine bay and that should rid it of any fumes within a couple of minutes.

Hey David, There already is an exhaust hose that is connected to one vent it seems to go behind the gas tank, and disappears. I can not see it below the gas tank above the rudder. There are also intake hoses connected to the scoop up front and I imagine they run to the bilge. So do I run just a bare blower below the engine? There are hoses connected to the blower on my 99 and there were hoses on my 89.
Thanks
Tom
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Tom,
There are T bolts that fit in a slot on the bottom windshield frame. These go through the deck. They may be under some foam so digging may be needed.

Thanks Pete,
I found them.
Tom
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 10:50pm
It seems on the Mustangs anyway that the original blowers were mounted under the rear deck opposite side of the boat from the fuel fill Tom,see if your hose goes there.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 10:57pm
Gary,
I agree but feel there should only be one blower. (you said "blowers") One aft vent is connected to the blower and the other vent is static with only the flex hose connected.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 11:06pm
So the blower is below the gas tank, and it just sucks air through the bilge and gets its intake air from the airscoop on the bow?
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 11:20pm
Tom,
The inlet air for the blower comes from the bow vent but more from the aft vent. The bow venting works best when the boat is underway.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 11:22pm
Mine was attached to the underside of the deck between the end of the tank and the side of the boat,port side.and yes Pete I miss typed should have been blower. Back when men were men and didn't have movies in their tool boxes, you didn't need any blowers
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Tom,
The inlet air for the blower comes from the bow vent but more from the aft vent. The bow venting works best when the boat is underway.

Just to clarify what Pete is saying - the inlet for the blower can be "open", meaning no hose attached. The air it removes from the bilge is "made up" from air flowing in the bow hose and open stern hose. The outlet of the blower goes to one stern vent.

All a blower needs to do is move a good volume of air out of the bilge, to be replaced by fresh outside air. Give it a couple of minutes and all the air in the bilge has been turned over several times, leaving no chance of explosive fumes.

As for blower mounting location - I'm not familiar with the usual location in that boat, but any location under the level of the floor, in the vicinity of the engine, should be fine.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2014 at 12:07am
Thanks Guys
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2014 at 8:24am
Great story! I love the picture with Roy Rogers! Good luck with it!
Js
halfnelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halfnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2014 at 9:22am
Awesome story. My college roommate's dad skied for the Dells and was the boat driver! He actually spent time at Lake X working with Mercury to develop the engine they were going to use on the boat that ran around the tank. He told me they ran the oil mix so lean to keep the smoke down they would only last a few runs. I stole this pic off of his Facebook.
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2014 at 9:27am
Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

Well, IAughtNaut is right, as a former Bartlett guy('71 Dells, '72 water front director Sea World of Ohio), I have a lot of EP's ,etc, memories. The little handle I put on was just above the Correct Craft wording on the stearn, Wish it had happen much earlier. I also had a permanent platform installed. Later converted it to removable. Something my wife appreciates, since I put the platform through the dining room wall (only six times) storing it in the winter in the carport. The windshield removal was simple. Putting it back on was an adventure. The CCFans that know me know how inept and mechanically challenged I am, so no kneed to go into that hole. I you have any question I would share my "Homemade" remedies from manufacturing usable hardware to installation (not recommended for a solo job. Send me a PM If you like. Great story.

Hey Jackie,
Thanks for the tips! You need to come down to Winter Haven with your son this winter so you can check it out. I will PM you when I run into the tough questions about the boat and get your number.
Tom
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2014 at 9:31am
Originally posted by halfnelly halfnelly wrote:

Awesome story. My college roommate's dad skied for the Dells and was the boat driver! He actually spent time at Lake X working with Mercury to develop the engine they were going to use on the boat that ran around the tank. He told me they ran the oil mix so lean to keep the smoke down they would only last a few runs. I stole this pic off of his Facebook.

Hey Brian,
I have got to get that video that Dave showed my kid and I, because there is a piece with your buddy's Dad jumping the ramp with the boat. David mentioned they were roughly 50hp Mercury's.
Tom
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2014 at 9:33am
Originally posted by seacamper seacamper wrote:

Originally posted by halfnelly halfnelly wrote:

Hey Brian,
I have got to get that video, because there is a piece with your buddy's Dad jumping the ramp with the boat. David mentioned they were roughly 50hp Mercury's.
Tom

That looks like young Jbear behind the boat.
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2014 at 11:09am
Just a heads up..... Seen a CL ad for new manifolds and Risers I'd assume in Ft Myers for $300. They didn't say whether PCM or not. Not too far from ya.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2014 at 4:54pm

The EPs are 68's and the Connolly is 72. When you say take everything off, do you mean the vent cowls are not needed? Will that leave big holes above the gas tank? Also, you say the manifold/risers that were on my 89 SN would allow the engine cover to close?

I have the same looking EPs but they are only 65" and narrower than even 68-72" jumper from the same era. They are not even mentioned in my EP NOS binding mounting literature.

Anyway, I did mean take the cowls off. Before you had a blower they weren't doing anything anyway! A little splashing on the gas tank won't hurt it either. You should be able to fix up the rope clearance bar pretty easily.

I found a picture of Jackie Deen's grab bar. It blends in quite nice.

And finally, yes, the 89's manifold/riser will give you adequate clearance but if that pedestal is stable and pylon clearance isn't a problem I wouldn't rush to change all that out, you seem to have your hands full with other details. I also noticed in your pics your pylon has the floor plate, that's good.
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2014 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Orlando76 Orlando76 wrote:

Just a heads up..... Seen a CL ad for new manifolds and Risers I'd assume in Ft Myers for $300. They didn't say whether PCM or not. Not too far from ya.

I will search that Todd. Thanks.
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2014 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

The EPs are 68's and the Connolly is 72. When you say take everything off, do you mean the vent cowls are not needed? Will that leave big holes above the gas tank? Also, you say the manifold/risers that were on my 89 SN would allow the engine cover to close?

I have the same looking EPs but they are only 65" and narrower than even 68-72" jumper from the same era. They are not even mentioned in my EP NOS binding mounting literature.

Anyway, I did mean take the cowls off. Before you had a blower they weren't doing anything anyway! A little splashing on the gas tank won't hurt it either. You should be able to fix up the rope clearance bar pretty easily.

I found a picture of Jackie Deen's grab bar. It blends in quite nice.

And finally, yes, the 89's manifold/riser will give you adequate clearance but if that pedestal is stable and pylon clearance isn't a problem I wouldn't rush to change all that out, you seem to have your hands full with other details. I also noticed in your pics your pylon has the floor plate, that's good.

Hey Hollywood,
Those Eps look like new. It turns out that on the EP's given to us, one had a pretty sizable repair in it, and the team did not want to risk a ski coming apart on the ramp. We are going to turn that one into an ATB ski. The second EP was in good shape, so we are turning that into a slalom jumper for Patrick. The single Connolly will be a slalom jumper for Thomas.
I really like that grab bar on Jackie's boat. So here is what I figured out on the rope guard:

I went to Rob Bemman's shop and brought him what was left of the old rope guard, and he whipped up a new one that you can actually grab onto. It worked real well at practice today. Rob is an ex national barefoot champ. He makes excellent trick releases, booms, jump ramps--you name it. An awesome guy. Here is a pic of a ramp he is making.

Here is a pic of a smaller portable jump he said he would take $8,000 for if anyone is interested:

So the blower is in, and I am trying to get a second speedo. One of the originals has a leaking diaphragm. Has anyone heard of this GPS unit?
KUS GPS
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2014 at 7:16pm
I do have a few knobs, but mine don't have the flange at the bottom. JB weld will likely stay there.   
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic