NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft Purchases PCM & Crusader

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft Purchases PCM & Crusader
    Posted: October-20-2014 at 11:31am
Interesting news, CC purchasing PCM Marine Engines and Crusader.

Wonder how any direct Towboat Manufacturing competitors using PCM or Crusader will feel about this?

For the convenience of everyone I have attempted to include a link, LOL

CC Website Link
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 11:36am
I guess if PCM was being put up for sale, it was better for Correct Craft that they buy them rather than Malibu or Ski Centurian or some other ski boat company.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 12:33pm
The partnership has been around for many, many years so why not? It may be miniscule but possibly cost savings passed down to the consumer and better customer service.

Never in the 26 years of working as a mechanic for Delta Air Lines would I have thought that an airline would have bought their own Crude Oil Tanker and Refinery. We take 100% of the crude oil to make Jet Fuel. What a crazy, wonderful, wacky, idea. That was thinking WAY out of the box. Just a FYI...a $.01 drop in fuel price means $1,000,000.00 in savings for the Airline. That's how much gas we use in one day!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 2:01pm
Cost savings passed to the consumer yea right!

Higher profits more like it.
NAUTIQUEjunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTIQUEjunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 2:18pm
Hey Centurion heres your New engine/trans pricing info.. Oh you think the prices are too high now!?! Sorry about that looks like you will have to look elsewhere for motors!!!

1977 MasterCraft Stars&Stripes
1994 Ski Nautique
2000 Super Air Nautique
1986 Ski Nautique 2001
1999 Sport Nautique gt40 current

Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 2:18pm
Not so out of the box thinking.

Vertical Integration
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 2:24pm
The best outcome is that quality at PCM remains high & we continue to have a source of the specialty service parts.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 2:25pm
I like where they say management at PCM will stay the same. What that really means is "management, please don't bail ship until we find your replacements then we'll lay you off."
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Cost savings passed to the consumer yea right!

Higher profits more like it.

Yepper @@
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 4:10pm
Amazing that Malibu switched to PCM for the '15 boats.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Amazing that Malibu switched to PCM for the '15 boats.

Really? I'd love to hearing their marketing pitch on that.
terminaldegree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terminaldegree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 5:39pm
Well, I'm glad they all stay in business and hope they continue to supply the parts we need reasonably (and provide good service). Coming from large express cruiser-style boats, I have to say that the layout and accessory design of the Crusader engines was a million times better than what I would usually see from Mercruiser. Crusader was typically very conservative and thoughtful in their approach to a lot of things, whereas the Mercruiser experience felt like the buyer was doing their "beta testing" for whatever whiz-bang technology they were trying to implement.

Does PCM still paint their engines in black? I'd love to see that stop happening...
1996 Sport Nautique GT40/Acme 422
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 6:03pm
It will all depend how the integration goes, hopefully they will let the engine folks continue to run the engine business and the boat folks do the boats and the water park folks run that.

If they try to do too much integration, there is a better chance that you save costs in the short term but lose core competence in the long run. So better to leave the companies focused on what they do best.

Hopefully it means better communication between the two parts which will result in a better overall product at a lower cost (that results in higher margins).
goldenrigley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenrigley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2014 at 2:40pm
I was under the impression that CorrectCraft was long gone. So glad to hear theyb are alive and well.
Jim in WI
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2014 at 2:55pm
Nah, they're around but have just building yachts lately focused on making noise and waves.
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2014 at 3:17pm
Haha. So true...

There was a G23 next to my Pro Air when I picked it up and it absolutely dwarfed it. Let alone an older CC.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2014 at 7:33pm
that thing looks like something envious capt america would get after seeing the bat boat
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2014 at 12:23am
It looks like a transformer had a baby with a fast and furious car.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic