Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Best way to find a Ramlin Trailer for a Ski 196
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best way to find a Ramlin Trailer for a Ski 196

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best way to find a Ramlin Trailer for a Ski 196
    Posted: October-19-2014 at 11:35pm
Hello,

Any help with how to locate a good used Ramlin Trailer for a Ski Nautique 196 or would buying new be the best option?

Thanks-Scott
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 11:43pm
This ones been up for sale since mid summer.   Looks good from the pics. He might be a little high on price:
http://worcester.craigslist.org/boa/4621462016.html
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 10:56am
Scott, curious to see if you're replacing under your 99 due to rot/rust or looking for a different boat?

littleskierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleskierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 10:07pm
Our Ramlin on the 99' is in great shape, but we just sold our ski 206 in favor of a 97' 196.

The 97' is in great shape but its on an Eagle trailer that has seen better days. So we are looking at switching the trailers because we prefer Ramlin and it would take some work to make the Eagle look sharp.

My escape is to just get in a boat and disappear on the water.

littleskierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleskierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 10:07pm
We would like to find something a little closer to the midwest but otherwise that would be great, I don't think we could justify driving out to Boston. :/
My escape is to just get in a boat and disappear on the water.

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 10:47pm

I haven't seen the trailer in person, so I can't vouch for it's condition or anything but depending on your timeline, I could bring it as far West as Seneca Lake NY for you around Thanksgiving. I'm going out there with an empty hitch anyway.
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 11:07pm
Thanks so much for the offer. That might be a plan, unless something else pops up closer to Minnesota. I am never amazed by how helpful and generous fellow Correct Craft owners are! Best boats with the best owners!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 11:58pm
That trailer in MA is long gone. Reasonably priced used cc/ramlin trailers don't seem to pop up often or stay listed for long. If you're in any sort of rush and/or unwilling to travel for one, you're best off buying new. I wouldn't think twice traveling 12 hrs for a decent trailer at a fair price.
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2014 at 12:05am
Truly! I agree, the price was good. Hopefully something else comes up!
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2014 at 10:13am
I guess he never took down the listing, it's still up there. I would take something down the second it sold to stop all the phone calls and emails.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic