NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'01 Sport

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '01 Sport
    Posted: September-26-2014 at 3:06pm
I'm kicking around taking a look at a '01 sport near me. It's on consignment and they don't know how many hours are on the boat(he said the gauges are "faded")
Is this one of the year's with the bad the gauges?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2014 at 3:09pm
Yes. 00-02
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2014 at 3:09pm
Yupp, but can be replaced.
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2014 at 3:32pm
It looks like the key pad was already replaced also.
Don't know if I want to get into one of these with the electrical problems.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2014 at 4:47pm
Well, I'll be back in PIT 10/6 and 10/13, so I'll come with you to look at it and get a free pull
1994 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2014 at 4:55pm
Don’t think I’m going after that one but I am off that week so give me a holler.
I’ll give ya a pull if the boats not put away yet, best bring a wet suit.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2014 at 5:42pm
A replaced keypad does not necessarily imply electrical problems, sometimes that piece goes bad. I've replaced one on mine, the rest of the electrical was fine
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2014 at 8:13pm
Adam I know what you mean but first the key pad then the gauges then the PME I don't want to go through what mdvalant went through.

I was just kicking tires anyway.
Thought if I could get in it for just a little more than I could get for the Sig I would think about it. But the dealer won't take trade in's on consignment boats and when I called about it I didn't know it was consignment.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2014 at 8:16pm
Adam I know what you mean but first the key pad then the gauges then the PME ??? Who knows I don't want to go through what mdvalant went through.

I was just kicking tires anyway.
Thought if I could get in it for just a little more than I could get for the Sig I would think about it. But the dealer won't take trade in's on consignment boats and when I called about it I didn't know it was consignment. and I don't want to go through the hassle of selling one right now.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2014 at 8:17pm
you should just assume the gauges are junk, especially if he's describing them as faded. I don't know if I would trade the sig for the sport, I get the open bow, family growing up stuff, but that's a unique boat
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2014 at 8:30pm
Yea but unlike Tim I can't keep them all.
And the new motor is just about ready to be dropped into the '85 so I'll have that to play with next year.
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2014 at 9:28pm
Some parts don't last forever!! Just saying
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2014 at 9:56pm
A guy a few houses down from me bought a 2000 or 2001 Sport this summer. He was idling by and said his dash caught on fire a few weeks before. Not sure of the details but he said it had to do with the dash wiring. I've read about the gauge and keypad problems but first time I've heard of something like this.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2014 at 10:38pm
that sounds more like a pro than a con, what if it happens to be the day you left your lighter on the dock? that's the worst.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2014 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

Some parts don't last forever!! Just saying

Yea I know maybe I'm just looking for reasons not to get rid of the Signature.
NAUTIQUEjunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTIQUEjunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2014 at 9:06am
Paul Just buy my 99 Sport and then I will buy that 01 with the Smart Pod since your worried about it going bad
1977 MasterCraft Stars&Stripes
1994 Ski Nautique
2000 Super Air Nautique
1986 Ski Nautique 2001
1999 Sport Nautique gt40 current

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic