NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thinking of upgrading, your thoughts??

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 8:11am
Well it appears wifey does not approve of the '02 SANTE. I think it's my fault for showing her the newer SV211 last week. After going through a bazillion pics and a few brochures it seems she likes the '06 and up 211s and the '07 and up SANs.

You know what they say, happy wife, happy life. Who am I to complain that she wants to have a nicer boat right?

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 12:42pm
It sounds like a 211 or 210 will do what you want to be doing better. If that's the case, sure it's an "upgrade". But, newer and bigger don't exactly translate to better IMO.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 1:03pm
Since I'm not experienced with the v-drive boats, could someone do a quick rundown on the pros and cons of a '98-'02 Super Sport vs. a 210 vs. a 211? I feel like I know the direct drive ski models pretty well but would like to know more about the capabilities of the wake boats.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

It sounds like a 211 or 210 will do what you want to be doing better. If that's the case, sure it's an "upgrade". But, newer and bigger don't exactly translate to better IMO.

When it comes to storage, wake size, seating capacity and the convenience of the tower over the extended pylon (in regards to set up and take down), I would say it's better for us.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Airfooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

Well it appears wifey does not approve of the '02 SANTE. I think it's my fault for showing her the newer SV211 last week. After going through a bazillion pics and a few brochures it seems she likes the '06 and up 211s and the '07 and up SANs.

You know what they say, happy wife, happy life. Who am I to complain that she wants to have a nicer boat right?

One thing you might want to consider when looking at SV211's is that the '07 SV211's had taller seat backs than previous years. It made the boat feel deeper, which we really liked, but maybe not a deal breaker for you.
1992 Nautique Excel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic