NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hull vibration

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2014 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by MustangMadness MustangMadness wrote:

accutech told me the OD on the federal was less than 12" and the new ACME is 12.5", maybe that's where the difference is.

Nope, I am running a 1210 as well. I have found that the acmes with aft rake (like the 1210) actually increase hull clearance despite the slight increase in diameter. I've posted a picture with a tape measure on my Skier before if you want to try a quick search.
MustangMadness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMadness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2014 at 3:29pm
I guess it's more like 9/16"

and centered in the log hole
I like a 6' beam on a small lake... My Muscleboat
1975 Mustang 225 307RH
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2014 at 3:40pm
Is the strut recessed? Can't remember if my Skier is or if my M17 was. Both are over at my barn. Hook in the hull would be the only other variable I can think of. I know the struts are the same (6a). Did you put a tape on the 1210? Maybe they forgot to cut it down from 540 specs (13" diam)? That seems rather unlikely.
MustangMadness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMadness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2014 at 3:57pm
The ACME is stamped 1210 and a new cutless bearing as well. I measured the federal and it's 11 1/2" and the ACME is 12 1/2". The strut does sit in a pocket and the pocket base is like new, I resealed it when I installed the cutless bearing.
I like a 6' beam on a small lake... My Muscleboat
1975 Mustang 225 307RH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic