NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GoPro Floatplane river landing video

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GoPro Floatplane river landing video
    Posted: September-01-2014 at 3:30pm
Thought you might enjoy this short go-pro video.

My bro had to pick up a friend at the Rochester airport, and with no wheels this time of year, picked him up on the Genesee River (see airport on left). Going under I-390 at speed is a nice touch.

Never had much luck posting a you tube, if someone could please fix, thanks

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4auraDoaLPY
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2014 at 3:43pm
All Fixed

Pretty cool !!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2014 at 6:12pm
Cool !

Can you land and take-off within 3200 feet ?

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2014 at 6:21pm
the phone app is handy for this footage!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2014 at 7:25pm
That was pretty cool! Airport don't bust chops flying into or near their air space?
Js
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2014 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

That was pretty cool! Airport don't bust chops flying into or near their air space?

Nope, said controllers were great once they understood the plan.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Swansonhomesllc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swansonhomesllc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2014 at 9:55pm
As a float plane pilot I can appreciate the video.   Flying floats is simply awesome.
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2014 at 11:34pm
Sweet
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2014 at 11:46pm
wow...cool...wish he would have filmed take-off to. Man those Go-Pros are sweet!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2014 at 12:28am
That was good. Here is another go pro airplane video, slightly different, in the the plane was an RC plane. A friend of mine did this over our lake earlier this summer.

74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2014 at 8:41am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

wow...cool...wish he would have filmed take-off to. Man those Go-Pros are sweet!

john

Here's the takeoff if you can fix the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO2DEw8Y57I&feature=youtu.be
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2014 at 11:58am
Interesting how the camera just gets hammered until he gets up on the step, maybe I am more surprised that their is so little spray at those speeds. Anyway cool stuff
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2014 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Cool !

Can you land and take-off within 3200 feet ?

yes, you can take off and land in 3200', normally much less. You do also have to consider the terrain that you need to climb over.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2014 at 11:30pm
Take-off

Do you know what the make/model of plane it is? I'd like to see what it looks like.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 1:35am
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Take-off

Do you know what the make/model of plane it is? I'd like to see what it looks like.

Cessna 180. Taildragger when on wheels, so when the rear wheel is off, the empty strut makes a great mounting location for the GoPro.

When the wheels are on they are of the larger bush variety, great for varied surfaces. Then in winter, on go the skis, I posted a video of that last winter.

Can't recall the specific model year, 1960 or thereabouts. He's had it for 20 years or so.

Here's a photo of it with our favorite family heirloom.......

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 1:49am
Here's a great GoPro skiplane video his friend made when they were out playing in the snow on Keuka Lake NY last winter. The friends plane is the red/white one the camera's attached to, the other one is my bro's.

http://vimeo.com/horizonchaser/surfing-the-polar-vortex

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic