NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

70's Motorboxes

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 70's Motorboxes
    Posted: August-26-2014 at 10:56pm
Are all motorboxes from this era the same with the exception of big block? So let's say, a 1970 dog box from a skier is the same as a 1979 Ski Nautique?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 11:12pm
There are some shorter boxes in certain v-hull boats since they have taller floors... But the majority of boats with small blocks from got the same "flat top" shaped box from 70-82.

While dimensions are the same, finish and vent configurations did change. '70 had a single rear vent, '71 got side vents and 72+ are ventless. Gelcoat covered boxes were common on certain models and upholstered on others. Colors were optional through '73, white 74-76ish, after which most were upholstered. It is not reasonable to expect upholstered boxes to be gelcoated underneath- they could very well be bare glass. I wouldn't put it past cc to have upholstered some gelled ones though.
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 11:42pm
I didn't consider the v-hulls, that makes sense. Found a parts boat I might pick up and just trying to match up compatible parts. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic