NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When to through someone over board.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2014 at 12:33am
We often take non-boaters out and strive to have them truly enjoy the experience. And so, unless they do something truly harmful to the boat, or more importantly themselves, I rarely, if ever, chastise anyone for their behavior. I typically give them a quick rundown; i.e. the preservers are here, try not to step here, watch the lines, and please be helpful at the dock, and that's about it.

I've got two 40 year old classics in outstanding condition, and in a lifetime of boating can't recall a single incident or blemish attributable to a careless or rude passenger that was truly worth fussing about.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2014 at 7:54am
I have one of these in the family and saw this quote on another forum so thought it'd fit here.

"Freeloader: Someone who thinks boating is cheap. All you need is gas. Oil changes, trailer tires, insurance, carburetors, life jackets, and all other parts. Blood, sweat, and tears are free when you buy the boat."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic