NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1991 excel engine paint specs.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1991 excel engine paint specs.
    Posted: August-02-2014 at 7:37pm
Does anyone know the specific colors used on the engine (silver) and the vdrive (blue) for a 1991 excel? I need to pull the engine on my boat and want to touch a few things up. Figured this was the time since I am going to be going through all this hassle. Needs to be correct stuff because I don't want to redo everything. Thanks!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2014 at 11:38pm
Look at skidim under maintenance - paint,it says the original has been discontinued,but the one they have has been mixed to match. As to the drive why not call Walter and ask?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2014 at 11:51pm
Just post something about Walters products and Don will appear in a few weeks to spread some propaganda.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2014 at 2:33pm
Does anyone (don) known the factory color of the Walters V-drive?
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2014 at 8:47pm
If I had to guess at it, I would say its a dark Ford Blue with not much gloss. I bet you could find something pretty close at Tractor Supply.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2015 at 2:35pm
I called Walter and the tech guy said Rust-o-leum paint.. He "didn't know the color" Not much help!
RammerJammer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RammerJammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2015 at 12:56am
Interesting question. I just repainted the 351 in my 1991 Excel and I found that the POR-15 "Aluminum" color matched it almost perfectly. Can't help on the V-Drive, since mine is gloss black. Good luck, and I'd love to hear if you find anything out.
1991 Nautique Excel, PCM 351, Pro-Tec ignition
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2016 at 5:35pm

The color for the V-drvie I found that matched perfectly is "old Ford Blue". Ironically based on the cap of the can I would have never have bought it- but once I sprayed it- it was about exact! I used VHT engine paint- very happy with the results.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2016 at 5:36pm

Used VHT "SP995 Aluminum Cast" Engine paint and again a great match.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic