NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spotted on the side of the road!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2014 at 10:32am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Adam, you have to remember that you got a little better than a 50% discount on that interior job somehow. You're not going to find quality work anywhere near that price anywhere... Unless you take it to the exact same guy- 
Well here's the thing, that wasn't a friends and family discount, I basically walked off the street and got that price.

I know- I'm just clarifying that it is not the norm to get that sort of work done for that price, so it's probably unwise to plug a sub-$2k number for interior work into the budgeting spreadsheet on this thing. Heck, I would not even bank on the same guy charging that same price again- especially if he ever figures out that everyone else gets 2x what he charged you!

At the same time, maybe I'll send you back with a few seats that need upholstery just in case he hasn't been clued in yet.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2014 at 10:56am
I would be tempted to take that on if it wasn't for the electronic dash that's going to be a big expensive headache.
Rod it looks like the exhaust risers are junk you can see the bolt ears are missing on at least two of the manifold runner’s, but that's probably the least of the problems.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2014 at 11:27am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

At the same time, maybe I'll send you back with a few seats that need upholstery just in case he hasn't been clued in yet.

Do it. I offered to shuttle stuff for Rod and I never met him, I'd take some stuff down there for you. The guy lives probably 10 miles from where I keep my boat so it wouldn't even be out of the way.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 4:26pm
So here is what I have found out.
1. The police and the county's DMV are clueless
2. The statue for Florida is very clear- but the police said they don't get involved. Go figure.
3. A towing company must tow the boat away and store it. The last know owner is notified via certified mail that the boat has been impounded. If they want it they pay the towing and storage fees.
5. After 7 days if they have not laid claim- it will be posted in the newspaper that it is to be auctioned. The boat is then sold at auction to the highest bidder.
I did some research and found the owners. I attempted to make contact with the wife- have not heard back as of this posting. The husband based on his name and city is deceased. That doesn't mean his is- just trying to find them to see what the story is.
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 4:59pm
If it goes to the auction, kiss that puppy good bye. I see that as an expense that can't be recouped. Hopefully the owner is not deceased and if not he'll prob let it go bc I think he's lost interest in it.

If the owner did pass, I think it should be put back together and saved. Feasible? Nah, but I think someone can do it.
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 7:51pm
Well, lets all go to the auction.
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 8:02pm
Send a certified (Return receipt) letter to the wife and last owner (Husband) Both, and hand write a plea to "Save the old girl" along with the facts you have outlined above, along with the dire shape of disrepair the tique is in. Why wouldn't she agree, or at least negotiate? Was he Navy? Aviator? I am curious.
Js
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by seacamper seacamper wrote:

Well, lets all go to the auction.

HAHA! A reunion?? Sounds like a party!!
Js
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 8:19pm
I have a friend who is verifying her address is what I found it to be. I will send a letter once I get confirmation she is still at that address. There are a few discrepancies I have uncovered, so I am not sure to question if he is passed. Might have been his father? The house the boat was register at is appraised at like $700,000 based on tax info. Will keep you posted. Funny thing was this old woman at the towing company was the most helpful of anyone I called- other than TOM!! If this comes together it's because of his help- so thanks.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 9:23pm
Good luck Rod hope it works out.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2014 at 1:41pm
Any updates?
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 4:47pm
Anyone? Bueler?
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 8:25pm
PM Rod? I have not heard anything.
Js
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 8:46pm
Have run into dead ends all around so far. All I have found is no one in the county knows anything. Sent a letter to the last known address. Guess she is gonna go to waste. Someone should go get the part everyone is wanting and the rest can go to the dump. I tried to go through proper channels with no luck.
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 10:35pm
Sad
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2014 at 10:43pm
Gave it a college try. Without permission from the owner to take it , the only other legal option was having it towed and sent to auction and then the $ is just silly at that point. Thanks for the help- sorry couldn't make it happen.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2014 at 8:00am
I will give one last shot to it by getting a friend of mine involved. She is a big shot in the Jacksonville area, politically, and I will see if she can shake things up.
Js
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2014 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

I will give one last shot to it by getting a friend of mine involved. She is a big shot in the Jacksonville area, politically, and I will see if she can shake things up.

Sweet! I want the tube rope.
Tom
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2014 at 9:22am
Originally posted by seacamper seacamper wrote:

Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Sweet! I want the tube rope.
Tom

May have to have a "SKi-off" SJRR 15 with Hollywood on that one.
Js
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic