NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Frankenotter getting his swerve on.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frankenotter getting his swerve on.
    Posted: July-23-2014 at 10:03pm
Chris came out last Saturday and tore up the afternoon butter in Blind Pass with us. Chris is the first CCFan member i have met in person and I must say he represented well. Nice guy and a good skier. I believe it was his first time skiing in salt water with rays and dolphins jumping all around him. Crazy how jaded one gets, we don't hardly notice it anymore. My son took this pic of him getting it done. Come on down anytime Chris, Ill save all that Miller Lite for you! The Pass gets in your blood. You will always come back.

Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2014 at 10:12pm
    Very nice! Not bad for a Fly Guy!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2014 at 10:13pm
John, great picture. Know for sure that Chris enjoyed the pull and the CCFan hospitality.
It has been my experience that every CorrectCraftFan is top notch; and somebody you could trust your boat...and your crew with (well except for a few )
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2014 at 10:43pm
Yeah Its got me thinking about the SJRR a little bit more.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2014 at 10:49pm
So when not skiing hes a shutterbug. Thanks Chris, this has to be the best pic I have of my boat.
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2014 at 11:21pm
Great pics.
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2014 at 3:36am
Haha. Awesome. I had an incredible day skiing with john and his family. That was my first time skiing in salt water and it was definitely my first time giving thought on how to avoid jumping dolphins on a ski run. The water was 85 degrees, the beer was cold, and johns suped-up 79 SN ran like a champion. What a great day off.

That ski cove in the middle of the mangroves is something out of the movie Field of Dreams. Flat water and white sand. I hope I get the chance to come back soon!

For those of you that don't know, john has personally rebuilt and modified his 79 Nautique to run in salt water. He left no variable in question and it runs like a top.

Every time I meet a new CCF member I'm constantly amazed. John invited me to his friends house for more drinks and seafood papaya overlooking the intercostal waterway. Makes it hard to go back to work but I'm very grateful for the baitkiller hospitality!!!

Thanks again John!

Cheers!
1999 Ski Nautique 196
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2014 at 9:37am
Chris we used to ski in brakish to salt water when holidaying on coast. Found the extra buoyancy was noticeable and the falls always felt much softer than the pure fresh that we get inland. Also noted in the pic you are goofy right foot forward and you let go of the handle...

Sign me up baitkiller well done
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2014 at 10:10am
I thought you Milwaukee guys jumped sharks not dolphins?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2014 at 10:42am
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

It has been my experience that every CorrectCraftFan is top notch; and somebody you could trust your boat... )

So true and something that's so great about this site. Whether its at a scheduled gathering or having a CCF drop in at the house or dropping in at another CCF's house, its always like you've been friends for years, even if its the first times you've met. I think it was JBear who coined the term "one of my great friends I'd never met". You toss them the keys and jump in the lake like you've done it a hundred times together before. My weekend a couple weeks ago with Greg was a good example, even though our paths had crossed at gatherings a couple times in the past, we never really spent time together before, and we had a blast.

I will say there was one exception once. I told a CCF that, post graduation, my daughter and her boyfriend were moving right near him and, being water people, they would love to stop by for some pulls on ocassion (since she is a long way from home now) His response was "maybe they should find someone closer to their own age" Seriously???!!! I never quite understood that one. (Sorry, may not have been the best place for this story, but it was years ago and I never vented it and wanted to)
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2014 at 11:27am
No worries Larry.. vent away.. that guy needs his CCF members card revoked!

My boat is always available to those in/near pgh area... no crystal clear waters with 85F waters but we can do flying barge starts..
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2014 at 10:54pm
That place sounds awesome. John, can you post an address or coordinates so I can look at it on Google maps?
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 12:32am
Jeff, I would prefer to show you in person but for now, here is the lat / long. Copy and past that into G maps and it should take you straight there.
Blind Pass
25.875231, -81.688478
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 12:39am
This is the Earth view.

https://www.google.com/maps/@25.8782783,-81.7366005,10834m/data=!3m1!1e3

It is a special place, rednecks, deep tidal water and seldom any cops.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic