NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014 Buckethead Endurance Barefoot Race

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2014 Buckethead Endurance Barefoot Race
    Posted: July-23-2014 at 11:34am
It's that time of the year. Are any of you boys (and girls) up for doing a 38 mile barefoot race? This race is becoming one of the best barefoot endurance races in the country. The race is Aug 16th, on the Maumee river in northern Ohio. Correct Craft boats are well represented; last year there were 7 Barefoot Nautiques.
Here are the links to the websites;

Buckethead Barefoot Race

Buckethead Facebook page

Teaser video

Hope to see a few more CCFan members at the race.

And remember, I buy the first round at the sandbar.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2014 at 4:41pm
I was wondering, only inboards are allowed?
I guess for the fuel economy thing an outboard is outta of tha game...though
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 7:12pm
Seb
I think the reason for the inboards only is to keep the SkiPro boats out. Those things will run 50mph+. This is a competitive race, but the main objective is to promote footing and endurance racing, and to have fun.

As of right now, there are around 10 teams racing. Last year 14 teams raced, which was intense. It looks like there will be room for a couple openings for new teams. For anyone who is apprehensive about racing, there is a fun race on Sunday morning.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

shagit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2014 at 1:07am
Dang I wish I could go to this!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2014 at 10:26am
If anyone is interested in footing in the race, but does not have a team, we are taking two teams and my have a spot for one or two footers. Let me know if you are interested.
BTW, there are some great door prizes.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 10:46am
Steve, We did a mini practice race on Mississnewa reservoir Saturday morning. It went well but south of the damn was full of logs (Mark hit one pretty hard)..

We called that section and ran Dam to bridge with horrible water. We used Woof1, TJ's beautiful red/black 91 footer, and Vince's red/black 90. Very fun day and I got my first taste of racing. Ran just under 30 miles.

My August is all booked so I won't be able to make to the the race but next year will be a for sure if we can get a team together or I can hop in with someone and ski.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 10:47am
Butttttt, I may come up for the Sunday Funday race.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2014 at 12:20pm
Only a week away. 10 teams are locked in. There's still room for any late entries. I think there are 7 teams footing behind Barefoot Nautiques. Anyone who wants to watch the race are more than welcome. Some people view the race from bridges spanning the river. There have been some great pics from that vantage point. (thanks Steve).
Hope to see some CCFan members there.

Zach
Sunday should be fun. Hope you can make it.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2014 at 12:34pm
If some guys were scrambling for a team to do this for fun... I'd join.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2014 at 12:13pm
Going to be fun. I'll post videos next week.

For you Facebook folks
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2014 at 1:18pm
Steve, Foot like the wind sir.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2014 at 1:26pm
My right foot is not going to allow me to foot. Bruised the bottom by stepping on a rock. Footed last night, and after a quarter mile, ouch. I'll put the Chuck Taylors on for the Sunday/Funday race. For tomorrow, I'm the designated driver (for the boat). We have two good teams. Should be fun.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2014 at 1:29pm
Damn!!! Mark hit something during our mini race the weekend of show ski nationals. He's primed and ready to rock now.

How's the 90 running?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2014 at 1:32pm
Running great. She'll run 51 with 4 in the boat (GPS).   It's nice to have throttle left if you need it for the finish. The '85 was pegged at 42mph.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 10:01am
That thing runs good.
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 8:48am
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Going to be fun. I'll post videos next week.

For you Facebook folks

Steve, Hope you had a great time! Where's the pictures and video?
Also do have any pictures to send to Pat (Pfelgner) ?

BFN Pics wanted
-Steve the Pirate
86 Barefoot Nautique

Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 9:35am
Hi Steve

My son has the videos. I'll get him to download what he has. The Buckethead Facebook page has some good videos also.
Here is a helmet GoPro view of the start of the race. This is Kevin Klosterman, who had a great start.

2014 Buckethead start.

I have sent Pat a view photos of both boats that my wife took with my iPhone, also on FB. I've got more that are on my son's camera that he is going to send to Pat. The lighting sucked (overcast w/shadows), so we are going to try again this weekend.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 9:42am
BTW, we came in last (9th) We broke up our tow teams into the young guys vs the old dudes. Us old dudes didn't fair too well. I didn't even get to my feet. I was planning on being the driver, but my buddy Shawn guilted me into trying to foot. It didn't go very well.    Was at the doctors yesterday; bruised and possible broken rib. My doc is calling me today with the x-ray results. Sucks to be getting old.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 12:36pm
Steve, Nice Video! Thanks for the Link

Hope you get healed up soon! We just don't bounce like we used too!

-Steve the Pirate
86 Barefoot Nautique

Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic