Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Correct Craft Owner with a project boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dinocarsfast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinocarsfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Correct Craft Owner with a project boat
    Posted: July-18-2014 at 11:50am
Last weekend I picked up a 1965 Barracuda, the guy I bought it from said the block is cracked because he got the boat from his dad in Florida last year did not drain the block before winter here in Minnesota. I have not started working on this boat yet since I told myself I need to sell my Sea-Ray first.

The previous owner said his dad installed a 351 Windsor in the 90s. Not sure what I will do about the engine yet. I will post pictures soon but I thought I would post this to start

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I have been and will be reading threads on this forum
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2014 at 11:59am
Welcome to CCFan and cool that you're gonna get her back running. If you've been lurking round then you know its protocol to post some pics so we can see whatcha' got, and how we can help you achieve the goal you have in mind for the 65.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2014 at 12:25pm
Welcome.
Look in the for sale section, there is your engine for $500.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinocarsfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2014 at 2:24pm
I don't have any engine pictures now but I should be able to post them this weekend

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2014 at 4:06pm
Nice looking 'Cuda!

Good luck on the rebuild.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2014 at 7:46pm
Wow. That boat looks to be in great shape! Please do keep us all up to speed.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2014 at 8:10pm
You can have a cuda any color you want as long as its mahogany.    Looks like it will be an easy project for you.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
diggit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diggit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2014 at 12:48am
Gorgeous boat! Nice work. I'm a fellow ccfan'er with a '77 ski here in Minne. Looking forward to seeing this one out on the water!
'93 Ski Nautique Black/Teal
'77 Ski Nautique. Loved it. Let it Go.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2014 at 8:51am
Good looking Boat! Welcome aboard. Sure the block is cracked? No freeze out plugs? Here in Florida we do not know much about that, but I recall a hundred years ago, having a 1966 Thunderbird in NY, and too broke and too stupid to add anti-freeze, had the thing freeze up. It was the plug that showed leaks after the thaw. Fairly cheap fix. Ahhh, I miss those days....NOT.
Js

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinocarsfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2014 at 2:17pm
The previous owner said a few of the freeze plugs had pushed out, even one in the head, and he had a boat shop re install them. Then it tested fine in the shop and was told to test it under load in the water. He said it was fine for a few minutes then began to lose power, and when he got it back to the land it had foamed oil.

Chances are it will need an engine but I still plan to verify this by changing the oil running it and maybe changing it again. I had a previous boat where the seller said it needed an engine, symptoms were similar to this and the engine turned out fine.

But I still have told myself that I need to sell my previous boat before working on this one
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2014 at 3:30pm
nice pick up!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinocarsfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2014 at 6:32pm
Does anyone have any observations about this engine?

Tips or warnings or a complete identification

I believe its a pleasurecraft 351 marine but I havent done much research about it yet so any facts would help

wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2014 at 1:46pm
That is a sweet looking boat. Looks like in addition to the engine swap, it has a newer pylon, newer windshield and even motor box hinges. I saw a boat like yours on I-75 in Michigan and snapped a photo as I went by (not a real safe thing to do). I found it in the Diaries here. Mahogany is a very beautiful color.

As I approached the boat on I-75, I thought it was a wooden boat. Congratulations on the purchase. Check the condition of the stringers and fix the engine. Nice purchase
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
boardersdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boardersdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 5:46am
Beautiful boat!

Sell the other boat right away. Then if the engine checks out, buy a second CC!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic