NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 probs

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2014 at 1:42pm
Talk about a thread jack..... David,I got mine out on kneeboards when they were 5...close to the water, no strap (until they were comfortable with it)then they graduated to the wakeboard at their own accord..I asked several times about skiing but got the usual "No!" They are 15 & 18 and still kneeboard and wakeboard. Told them I still wanted them to learn to ski as I wanted the Father Daughters ski picture by the end of this year which they said "Okay Dad"...we'll see.....

Try a kneeboard Dave if you haven't already.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2014 at 2:02pm
The father daughter/son pic will be cool for them too, I'm hoping to get a father fon barefoot pic with my dad this week
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2014 at 3:26pm
Nothing piques a young boy's interest in skiing like seeing Molly Mae in her bikini at the starting dock. Works the opposite way, too. I went to the FL State and with some of my friends watched the maneuvering around the starting dock and at the Junior Banquet. I was pleased to see that we have a pretty good contingent of juniors participating.
"Art"
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2014 at 5:39pm
My three kids last year 16,15,and 9. "No tubing until you learn to ski" or "Tubes are expensive, we can't afford one" have been my replies.

I have taught tons of kids to ski. All the ones that get up, have a common theme....they all want to get up. I have taught several teens to start deep water slalom as their first experience. Wakeboard to Slalom for a few kids seems to be a good transition. 99% of the kids I have taught, don't have their parents in the boat! We just text the pictures.
Whatever you do, have fun because they grow up very fast, and will remember it for life. I just dont see a tube making a memory like a slalom ski!

AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2014 at 6:08pm
Yep.. this year I got my two nieces 13,15 and nephew 11 up on the slalom ski... without the pressure of dad in the boat. Sent dad/brother the teaser pic w/option to buy video. Almost had 8yr old daughter up behind boat on slalom... but did get her on the boom on slalom and barefoot in the swing on boom if that counts. 7 yr old son skied about 200 yards and packed it in... always wants wants a wakeboard (If my wife and I were not present, he'd do it) 4 yr old skiing with the the trainer skis.

a lot of happy moments of triumph with skis... the tube always causes issues! Kids get hurt, I loose sister-in-laws etc.. I'm sure all that sh*t comes up in court cases etc...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 1:18pm
This epidemic is spreading...and yes, the tubarazzi are everywhere.

Maybe it has something to do with that lake in FL...

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 1:37pm
The photo makes it look as though there are two towlines, so it must take TWO boats to pull this guy!!!!
"Art"
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 4:14pm
Well I want to offer a huge thanks to the people on this thread, and also on the "Get the Kids Out on the Water" thread. I mentioned I had trouble getting my kids interested in skiing, and then saw the replies with great suggestions and pictures of families skiing together. It got the wheels turning.

On the way to the lake yesterday with our youngest, I asked if she wanted to ski. She said the usual "maybe", and I said I thought it might be fun for her and I to ski together. That got another "maybe" but clearly with more interest. So, later in the day ..........

I had so much fun, and looked like she did too!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 4:19pm
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

That does it for me,I'm gettin a tube!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 10:19pm
Gary did you see the Bear's next move though "tube to foot"

Even Pete does not have that trick in his repertoire

David awesome... now you need the same pic every year.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2014 at 10:41pm
In the last 8 days I've seen things with tubes that will not get out of my head for the rest of my life Mark.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic