NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'72 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '72 Mustang
    Posted: April-22-2014 at 7:05pm
Well its almost time to unwinterize the boat. Didn't end off the season last year with a good time. My starter broke and when i ordered a new one they sent me a right-hand rotation starter even though my boat is Left-Hand. Didn't realize it and put the boat in the water and tried to start it and ended up sucking in water. Thought my engine was gone there. I then took out all the plugs and cranked it over till all the water was out. Got my new starter that was the right one and winterized her. Hoping this year will be a good one.
1972 Mustang
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2014 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Chevy350 Chevy350 wrote:

My starter broke and when i ordered a new one they sent me a right-hand rotation starter even though my boat is Left-Hand. Didn't realize it and put the boat in the water and tried to start it and ended up sucking in water.

Justin,
I don't remember if you asked us first or not about the starter rotation??    Where did you order it from and did they ask about the rotation?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2014 at 9:26pm
Pete,
No, i didn't ask which I knew was a bad idea from the start. But the place I got it from was something with eletrical at the end. I did tell them my boat is Left-Hand Rotation. But, after a very long conversation on the phone I realized they lable the rotation of there starters differently then how you would normally would. They look at it as you are facing the back of the boat. But, we got it sorted out and now I have 3 starters. The new one that works on my boat, the new one that is the wrong one, and the old one that my dad cleaned up and fixed. I'm definetly gonna sell the wrong new one
1972 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic